Replay webcast events when set to public

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
nitzer280

Replay webcast events when set to public

Post by nitzer280 »

Hi there,

For many months our stake presidency asked us to set each sacrament meeting webcast event to "private". For a number of reasons they've recently given us permission to change these to public events. Our scheduled events are also recurring.

In the past we've been able to replay these broadcasts and it was easy because we'd head to this URL and just plug in our name and event code.

http://mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org/

With public events, however, although there is still an event code assigned, we're not paying any attention to the number because it's unnecessary. I believe one way of discovering the event code from a past public event is to look at the event attendance report. If a viewer enters nothing for their name, it looks like the system auto-populates their viewing with the event code.

I have a few questions:

Can you actually replay a public webcast? (I understand SLC auto-deletes all events after about 24 hours)
Is there any way to discover the event code from a deleted broadcast?
Is my theory correct - where someone doesn't provide their name for a public event and the event code is entered as their name?

Thank you for any assistance.
danpass

Re: Replay webcast events when set to public

Post by danpass »

Yes, if you have the event code, you can replay a public event, until it auto-deletes. Since the event codes don't seem to be available after the fact, my solution has been to copy the event codes for each scheduled meeting in advance, just in case there is a need to review a meeting.
nitzer280

Re: Replay webcast events when set to public

Post by nitzer280 »

Thank you, Danpass. It appears this is the only way to retrieve the code so I've started keeping track of each one, just in case. :)

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”