ward directory to iphone contacts

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
spencergordon

Re: ward directory to iphone contacts

Postby spencergordon » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:05 am

To follow up on this, there I just selected it under Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Notification > Turn on 'Tools'
That should work.

bschroader

Postby bschroader » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Attempted to do this today after activating app RoboKiller, an app that uses bots to answer calls from unknown callers. Sadly, my phone returns the error:

Error Enabling Extension : The data provided by Tools was invalid. You may try enabling the extension again, and if the problem persists contact the application developer.

Now I am sad. :'(

bschroader

Postby bschroader » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:28 am

Attached a screenshot if this helps.
Attachments
IMG_6059.PNG
(1.36 MiB) Not downloaded yet

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:34 am

For what it's worth, it doesn't work on Android either (Android 9, Member Tools 4.4.0 beta). I submitted feedback and they provided instructions but all the settings were correct per their instructions and it still has never worked for me unless I manually enter contacts in my contact list.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:45 am

I wonder if success depends on the formatting of the phone number. Browsing my ward, I'm seeing xxxxxxxxxx, (xxx)xxx-xxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxx, xxx-xxxx and so on. Clearly, no standardization is being imposed on the display. I have no idea if any formatting is being imposed on what's passed to other apps, or of the apps care.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:49 am

russellhltn wrote:I wonder if success depends on the formatting of the phone number. Browsing my ward, I'm seeing xxxxxxxxxx, (xxx)xxx-xxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxx, xxx-xxxx and so on. Clearly, no standardization is being imposed on the display.

That's a very good point. When I was clerk, it was a "thing" with me to have them all formatted the same so I would update them when I found any that were different. Our current clerk is much more hands-off and only makes changes when specifically requested by someone.

I wonder how we can find out if the theory is a possible root cause?

bschroader

Postby bschroader » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:04 am

Makes very good sense.

In an attempt to resolve on my own, I removed the app, rebooted my phone, re-installed and tried again, but still no joy. I did open up a case CSLUS0379735 on the app.

Return to “Member Tools”