Church Logo: Use and Protection

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
RyanLDS-p40

Post by RyanLDS-p40 »

macsense wrote:I quote from the December 11, 2000 letter entitled "Church Name and Logotype Guidelines for Local Units".

"Local units may use the Church logotype only on publications and materials they officially sponsor. To use the logotype, cut out copies from the sheet enclosed with printed versions of these guidelines. Additional sheets may be ordered from your local distribution center. The logotype is also available electronically on a 3.5" pc-formatted disk (saved as a Windows® metafile [.wmf] and as an Adobe Illustrator® eps [ai.eps] file)."

I have not yet attempted to request the electronic version but will do so soon. I just hope they can email it to me as I no longer have a floppy drive. And as a Macintosh user I would prefer it in an eps version.

An AI file is actually one better than an EPS and you can open it in photoshop in the same way you use an EPS. It is a vector file and you will be able to apply the resolution before you raster the file.
kthomas

Gif File of Logo

Post by kthomas »

Try this one.
Attachments
ldslogo.gif
ldslogo.gif (9.39 KiB) Viewed 11672 times
Bender-p40

Post by Bender-p40 »

RyanLDS wrote:I assume you are looking for the "A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos Ultimos Dias" logo? I posted it for you here :

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4742 ... zilxg5.jpg

Hope that helps!

And in spanish? "La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días"

I have this, but i need one better. Somebody have it in best resolution?

Thanks
Attachments
logo.jpg
logo.jpg (23.09 KiB) Viewed 11570 times
tdamcbigity-p40

Post by tdamcbigity-p40 »

Good investigation macsense. Thanks for the info gents, brothers.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

larrydkb wrote:The Church logo is available at lds.org under Mormon Helping Hands.

Here is the English and Spanish in .emf format.
I must be missing something because I'm not finding the logo that you're referring to. It would be helpful if you were to provide the actual link. ;)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Which one are you looking for? Google found this link to helping hands.

I think he must have extracted the logo from the artwork. The church logo is attached to his message.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:Which one are you looking for? Google found this link to helping hands.

I think he must have extracted the logo from the artwork. The church logo is attached to his message.
I cannot open the emf file that he's attached. In his email I assumed that he was referring to a different logo than what he had attached. Obviously the church logo is available on just about any page of lds.org

It's just that the post wasn't clear as to where on the page he was referring.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Techgy wrote:Not everyone is using WinXP. I would suggest that a more common format would be either jpg or gif as they're viewable with a wide variety of software. I believe what's confusing is that the thread was originally referring to the Church logo. You were referencing the Helping Hands logo, which is also Church logo but used differently. The logos referenced in the page you provided are in pdf format.
larrydkb wrote:The Church logo is available at lds.org under Mormon Helping Hands.

Here is the English and Spanish in .emf format.
Here's a copy of the "emf" files previously referenced, only these are in GIF format.
Attachments
logos.zip
(26.76 KiB) Downloaded 800 times
goldcntry-p40

Post by goldcntry-p40 »

Does anyone know the actual name of the Font the Church uses? Is this font proprietary? Yes, I'm a font-addict and have always loved the Church's fonts. The only problem I've had is that I can find fonts that are close... just not close enough. *sigh*
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

goldcntry wrote:Does anyone know the actual name of the Font the Church uses? Is this font proprietary? Yes, I'm a font-addict and have always loved the Church's fonts. The only problem I've had is that I can find fonts that are close... just not close enough. *sigh*
If you're talking about the font that is used in the official logo, I'm pretty sure it is a custom font. It is certainly close to other fonts, but I think it is different on purpose. The Church really does not want anyone trying to recreate the official logo by any means -- there is no way one can use existing fonts to get close enough to truly match.

I also don't see the Church using that font in any other context, so I don't think we should, either. The basic rule is: in situations where use of the official logo is authorized, use the official logo image. Otherwise, don't create anything that looks like the logo.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”