LDSTech forum reverted to phpBB theme after logging in?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LDSTech forum reverted to phpBB theme after logging in?

Post by TimRiker »

Ah yes. missing the "Wrench" and "Hammer" menus. We're on it. Thx!
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

We've pushed some changes. I reset everyone to the ldswhite theme. Tanner and I talked about it, and I think we'll rebuild the ldswhite theme off of the new theme rather than continue trying to update our old ldswhite to meet the 3.1 requirements. We'll holler as we get closer to releasing the new theme. Anyone interested is welcome to join the LDSTech project and lend a hand. :)
https://tech.lds.org/projects?view=project&Projectid=64
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TimRiker wrote:I think we'll rebuild the ldswhite theme off of the new theme rather than continue trying to update our old ldswhite to meet the 3.1 requirements.
Having used the default phpBB layout, change the banner and add the LDSTech links and I think I'm good. I don't know as there's a need to re-invent a layout that already had a lot of thought put into it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TimRiker wrote:I reset everyone to the ldswhite theme. . . .
I think we'll rebuild the ldswhite theme off of the new theme . . . .
We'll holler as we get closer to releasing the new theme.
Until then, we switch themes in order to moderate? Or am I not finding a link somewhere?
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

there is a Moderator Control Panel (MCP) link at the top of the page but the quick moderation tools are not yet in an ldswhite theme. You can use the standard theme if you wish. I may reset the theme again for everyone once we have some more of these issues resolved. Thank you for all you do! Sorry for the pain as we upgrade.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Until then, we switch themes in order to moderate?
Why not stay with phpBB? The only thing I'm missing is the logo at the top, the post number in the thread, and the LDSTech specific links (Code of Conduct, etc.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TimRiker wrote:there is a Moderator Control Panel (MCP) link at the top of the page
Ah, MCP is the answer. Thanks. I just needed somewhere to go to moderate and hadn't found it slinking around on my own.

Actually I like the ldswhite theme. In fact, it is pretty cool that the lines show up along the messages I have not yet read. Just discovered that today. It does seem to have a bit too much white space, but I prefer that to the cramped look of the phpBB theme.

I used to like compact and efficient. I have gotten a whole lot older since those days.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

One thing on the new theme, is all the contact info over on the right of this message is collapsed into a drop down menu. I like that. Hopefully we'll have that with a new ldswhite theme coming soon. :)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I miss the number of pages for a thread that allows navigating to any one of those pages without having to open the thread first. Without the number of pages feature there is an addition click required to get to the part of the thread I want - an annoyance.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:
TimRiker wrote:Having used the default phpBB layout, change the banner and add the LDSTech links and I think I'm good. I don't know as there's a need to re-invent a layout that already had a lot of thought put into it.
I tend to agree. The phpBB layout is actually not too bad and would probably only need a few small changes to finish it off.

Return to “Help with this forum”