Website Administrator

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lehrschallbrian

Website Administrator

Post by lehrschallbrian »

Is there some place I can see what a Website Administrator has authority to do on LDS.org? I was recently called to this position?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Website Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are a number of rights and privileges that a website administrator has - but the real question is what do the leaders want you to do?

It's possible that they don't want you doing some things, but do want you to handle others. I'd like to believe that people are called to fill a need, not because there's a match between a vacancy and a available body. While the handbooks prescribe certain things be done a certain way, there's also a lot of flexibility to allow the leaders to organize the details as they see fit. So I don't think there's a standard answer of what Website Administrators are expected to do - because that depends on how the leaders want to mange some of he details.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lehrschallbrian

Post by lehrschallbrian »

They want to know specifically what duties LDS.org allows a website administrator to do.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lehrschallbrian wrote:They want to know specifically what duties LDS.org allows a website administrator to do.
See the topic Ward website administrator calling description. In particular, that short topic links to two other very helpful topics.

Reading those topics should help you understand what a website administrator can do, but of course different bishops will assign their website administrators to do different subsets of that full range of possibilities.

Return to “Main Church Website”