Page 1 of 2

Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:47 pm
by christopher_black
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to download all conference talks individually. It'd be great during my study to have a random conference talk I can play and study. I know I can download individual talks here (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng) after a bunch of clicking but it'd be great to batch download them.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Re: Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am
by davesudweeks
I have used a download manager that is a Firefox extension to download multiple video or audio files from a site. The one I have used is called "Down them All." It used to work on the LDSYouth music page, but at one point a web page change broke it and I have not tried since. I have not tried it with the general conference talks, but can do so this evening. If it works, I will re-post with the method.

Re: Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:01 pm
by sbradshaw
If you look at previous conferences, for example the April 2017 conference, you will see a "Talks and Music" download link under each session. I'm guessing those links will be added sometime in the next few days for the October 2017 conference.

Re: Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:10 pm
by davesudweeks
"Down Them All" works to some extent. The way the pages are set up, it will not see individual talks. It will automatically download all the full conference sessions all at one time (visible from the grey bars at the top of each session. It will also automatically download all the zip files of the individual talks if/when they are available (as sbradshaw mentioned above) since they are also directly linked from the page. They will have to be unzipped manually.

It is only slightly faster than downloading the zip files individually. I can send some screenshots if anyone is interested in trying it. There are some download managers available for Chrome that appear to work the same way but I have not used any of them.

Re: Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:48 pm
by christopher_black
The "Talks and Music" button was exactly what I was looking for, I just didn't see it on the most recent session. And I don't mind downloading the zip files individually. Thanks both!

Re: Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:36 am
by webbd12
Where can I find the “Talks and Music” part? All I see is a headphone icon on the top right under the general conference section in the app.

Re: Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 am
by sbradshaw
webbd12 wrote:Where can I find the “Talks and Music” part? All I see is a headphone icon on the top right under the general conference section in the app.

"Talks and Music" is on LDS.org, not in the Gospel Library app. Gospel Library doesn't have the music from the most recent General Conference as separate recordings – only the talks and the full sessions.

Re: Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 pm
by russellhltn
sbradshaw wrote:"Talks and Music" is on LDS.org, not in the Gospel Library app. Gospel Library doesn't have the music from the most recent General Conference as separate recordings – only the talks and the full sessions.


Perhaps on the LDS Media Library app?

Re: Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:01 pm
by simoncain
Have you tried the LDS General Conference Downloader tool found here: https://github.com/simmeringratchet/LDS ... Downloader
Shameless plug - my son, a serving missionary, asked for a download of all conference talks, so I created this little tool to do it. I hope it's helpful to others.

Re: Download All Individual Conference Talks

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:42 am
by sbradshaw
simoncain wrote:Have you tried the LDS General Conference Downloader tool found here: https://github.com/simmeringratchet/LDS ... Downloader
Shameless plug - my son, a serving missionary, asked for a download of all conference talks, so I created this little tool to do it. I hope it's helpful to others.

Nice!