Printing Lessons

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
fredthaden

Printing Lessons

Post by fredthaden »

When I print a lesson from the D&C Teachers manual it only prints two pages ... the first full page and then page two with only the lesson number, title, and url at the top ... the rest of page two is blank ... no other pages print. Why does the print option only print these two pages? This has been happening for the past 6 months or so. In the past when I clicked print, the entire lesson would print. My workaround is to copy and paste the lesson into Word and then print ... that method prints all the pages for the lesson ... inconvenient but it works. Can you help me print all pages straight from lds.org? Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Printing Lessons

Post by aebrown »

fredthaden wrote:When I print a lesson from the D&C Teachers manual it only prints two pages ... the first full page and then page two with only the lesson number, title, and url at the top ... the rest of page two is blank ... no other pages print. Why does the print option only print these two pages? This has been happening for the past 6 months or so. In the past when I clicked print, the entire lesson would print. My workaround is to copy and paste the lesson into Word and then print ... that method prints all the pages for the lesson ... inconvenient but it works. Can you help me print all pages straight from lds.org? Thanks.
The manual is this: Doctrine and Covenants and Church History: Gospel Doctrine Teacher’s Manual. You didn't specify which lesson, so I assume you see this problem with every lesson. I picked a couple of lessons at random, including Lesson 44: Being Good Citizens and it printed all the pages just fine.

However, when you print a page from a website, there are many variables. A very important one is what browser you are using. I used Chrome on Windows 10; what browser are you using? When you say "I clicked print" are you referring to the Print option in your browser, or the Print link on the page itself (located on the right side near the top, between the Listen and Download options? You generally need to use the Print link to get reasonable output.
trevorjchristensen

Post by trevorjchristensen »

I have the exact same problem. From within a browser (Firefox specifically), I can only print one page (plus a practically empty second page) of what seems like ANY lesson - priesthood, primary, etc. It is very frustrating. It has been this way for the last several weeks - and only from the church's web site. It does seem to be browser related and not operating system related. I use both Linux and Windows. Firefox behaves the same in both. Microsoft Edge prints it just fine. I haven't come up with a good solution yet (other than using a difference browser). I went thru the Firefox reset-the-print-settings instructions. It didn't help. I am running version 57.0.1 right now. It did work in an older version but I don't think I have been able to print successfully since version 54. I suspect it is related to a <div> or css construct that the church is using but I don't know. I really like Firefox as a browser but for this reason alone, I may have to make a change in browsers. I have sure wasted a lot of time and paper on this problem.

As a post script .... I tried printing from the LDS Library app to my local network printer and it worked great! So I tried printing from the church's web page using my phone's Firefox browser .... kinda works - I get all the pages but not good pagination. The same with the Safari browser.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This should be reported through the Feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org, to make sure it can get routed to someone who can fix it or prioritize it to be fixed. It sounds like an annoying bug!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mewestcon

Post by mewestcon »

How do I save/print more than one page at a time of the manual on Ward and Stake Family Preparedness?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mewestcon wrote:How do I save/print more than one page at a time of the manual on Ward and Stake Family Preparedness?
If you are referring to printing the manual Stake and Ward Preparedness found by navigating to the Gospel Library from the main churchofjesuschrist.org page then there is no way to print the entire manual or more than one page at a time from that page in one print session.

The entire manual in a different (original) format is found in the Provident Living website. There you will find the manual in the Prepare for Emergencies section. In the Getting Started portion there is a link in the Introduction to the Stake and Ward Emergency Planning Guide PDF file.

There is other print material that may better suit your needs in the Worksheets link found on that Provident Living website.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Main Church Website”