General Conference Sunday Afternoon Session audio download

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
kjjmiles

General Conference Sunday Afternoon Session audio download

Post by kjjmiles »

Every time I click on the full session link for the October 2019 Sunday afternoon session it gives me an error
"This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/genera ... nload=true might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE"

I have been getting this error since Sunday Night. I was able to download the other four session for that conference but not the Sunday Afternoon. I can download each talk individually but not the whole session.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: General Conference Sunday Afternoon Session audio download

Post by russellhltn »

I would use the feedback link on that page to report it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kjjmiles

Post by kjjmiles »

I tried the feedback option but every time I enter feed back it says "There was an error transmitting your request . Please try again later..." I tried Chrome and edge but I get both errors on each.
GlazierT

Post by GlazierT »

hello I have done all of the same things and I too get an error reply. I then tried to send feedback and was similarly given the error report. Is there a way that the link can be fixed.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I received the same errors when I tried (downloading audio for the Sunday afternoon session throws an error and submitting feedback from that page throws an error). I went to the main church web page and submitted feedback there and was successful. In that feedback I also reported that the feedback link on the October 2019 General Conference page was broken.
alecotterson

Post by alecotterson »

The link to download full sunday afternoon session audio has been broken all week. Please have the code wizard take a minute to insert the correct file/link.

On this page: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/gen ... 9&lang=eng
This link: https://media2.ldscdn.org/assets/genera ... nload=true

Canst thou linger still in error's gloomy ways? Mark how judgment's pointing finger justifies no vain delays.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

alecotterson wrote:Canst thou linger still in error's gloomy ways? Mark how judgment's pointing finger justifies no vain delays.
Hast thou not troubled thyself to read the prior posts? Wilt thou ignore the advice given?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alecotterson

Post by alecotterson »

russellhltn wrote:
alecotterson wrote:Canst thou linger still in error's gloomy ways? Mark how judgment's pointing finger justifies no vain delays.
Hast thou not troubled thyself to read the prior posts? Wilt thou ignore the advice given?
What advice? You mean the advice to submit feedback? I already did that. And other people have done it. And it's not really a solution. More of a "Go report the problem to someone else." I was hoping the forums could maybe get quicker attention from someone in a position to make things happen. But I guess if nobody around here actually works on the church website or has more clout than the average person the reporting thing would be the only option. . .
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

alecotterson wrote:I was hoping the forums could maybe get quicker attention from someone in a position to make things happen.
Alas, this is a user-to-user forum, and you have correctly assessed that the developers rarely frequent these topics. We do know that all feedback is reviewed and prioritized by the developers, so sending feedback is always the best way to communicate a problem such as this.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I received an email response today to my feedback. It stated that "The engineers and programmers are working on this. Thank you for your patience as we do not know when this will be corrected. The download is available on the media app."

Return to “Main Church Website”