Church Handbook PDF

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
stevencchristiansen

Church Handbook PDF

Post by stevencchristiansen »

Hi Everyone,

I want to download the new Church Handbook as a PDF in its entirety, but when I click on the link to do so, it's still the July 2020 version.
Anybody have a link to the pdf version of the December 2020 updated Handbook?

Thanks!

Steven C (Mount Hood Oregon Stake)
BrianEdwards

Re: Church Handbook PDF

Post by BrianEdwards »

I would be a bit hesitant to have a printed version of the General Handbook. I understand the Church makes periodic "official update announcements", but what I am uncertain about is if they also make unannounced modifications to the Handbook. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Church doesn't update the pdf versions of the Handbook if it's considered more of a "live" document.

That said, if nobody here knows where a newer pdf link can be found, your best bet might be the Feedback link. Perhaps this was simply overlooked in the most-recent December updates, and perhaps the Church does intend to continue providing updated pdf's when they make Handbook updates.
stevencchristiansen

Thanks! Since they have the July update, I assume and hope they’ll do the December revision as well.
Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you're wanting to read it off-line, it's available in Gospel Library.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stevencchristiansen

Thanks! I know I'm old-fashioned--I'd like to actually print it out and read it as a hard-copy. That's why I'm looking for a pdf where I can print it all out at once, rather than chapter by chapter.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

stevencchristiansen wrote:Thanks! I know I'm old-fashioned--I'd like to actually print it out and read it as a hard-copy. That's why I'm looking for a pdf where I can print it all out at once, rather than chapter by chapter.
Remember that a large portion of the General Handbook is going to change in 2021. That may affect your immediate decision. But I hear you about the desire to hold the paper in your hands and read from it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend sending feedback on the Church website. The web / app version of the General Handbook was updated recently, so it's possible an updated PDF will show up sometime in January, but it's also possible that updating the PDF was forgotten because it's less visible.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
stevencchristiansen

Thanks. I have sent feedback via the "Feedback" link at the bottom of the website.

Return to “Main Church Website”