My Dashboard

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
oakesonsandra1

My Dashboard

Post by oakesonsandra1 »

I've not noticed the Dashboard feature of my account before today. Is it new or have I just not noticed? In any case, there is a My Favorites section, and I've been trying to figure out how to put something in My Favorites, but as of yet have not figured it out. Also, I'm wondering whether there is a way to personalize my Dashboard, articles that I see first, quick links, etc. I haven't found a way to do that, either, so I'm just reaching out to see if anyone has any guidance. Thanks, and I hope I put this in the right spot, I've never done this before.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: My Dashboard

Post by jdlessley »

The Dashboard was added about the same time the home page for the churchofjesuschrist.org site changed, or was redirected, a couple of days ago. (The home page appears to be back to somewhat like it was before - no redirect.) You can create a bookmark to it to use the Dashboard for your own personalized point of access to your Church online experience. Some of the features such as My Favorites appear to still be in development. I am guessing that when you go to any Church web page, or something like that, you will find the favorite icon (heart) to add that content to your My Favorites. I have been trying to find the favorite icon on other pages but have not found any - yet.

Edit: I found several favorite icons on this page, clicked one of them, and got a nice summary with link to the blog in My Favorites.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I think you are right about it being a new option. Hopefully someone will also be able to enlighten us about the My Favourites option.
For us in a different time zone, the Upcoming Events times seem to be about 12 hours out!
oakesonsandra1

Post by oakesonsandra1 »

Thank you so much JD Lessley! I'll just wait a bit for things to get a bit more developed.
daphnesallen@gmail.com

Post by daphnesallen@gmail.com »

My “favorites” seem to have come from my use of the Gospel Living App.
Where you can at goals and mark something as a favorite to use later for FHE or CFM lessons.
slademt1984

Post by slademt1984 »

Member Dashboard Product Manager,

I was thinking how a few member facing products can be improved to indicate temple recommend status and send temple recommend reminders when close to expiring, as some members may forget to renew. Due to this, temple recommends lapse.

I want to report my experience with trying to find out my temple recommend status on the Member Dashboard (churchofjesuschrist.org). I can tell you it is not that easy to find my temple recommend status without some searching or learning where to look, as I can't even find it on the member dashboard on the website at all.

I recommend the product improvements below.

1. In my churchofjesuschrist.org Member Dashboard, I have yet to find my temple recommend status.
a. Member Dashboard Recommendation: Include the membership information link in the Tools drop down (I can’t even find the membership information link on the dashboard)
b. Put the temple recommend status and priesthood office (for males 11 and older) under account settings or the membership information link
c. Or, put the membership information link in “Quick Links”
d. Or lastly, add the temple recommend status in “My Temple” section.

Also, I think if members’ temple recommends are three months from expiring, an email may be sent to them to remind them to set up a temple recommend interview with a member of their bishopric through the executive secretary.

I don’t think church products do enough to remind members of their temple recommend status. Therefore, some forget until it has lapsed.

Thanks,

Matthew T. Slade
Last edited by slademt1984 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

slademt1984 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:00 am Member Dashboard Product Manager,
As I mentioned in your duplicate post in the thread LDS Tools Feature Suggestion, the Tech Forum is user-to-user help and support. Those in management positions seldom, if ever, visit here and will not see your post. The official feedback channels are from within the mobile apps feedback links, or contact us links. The official feedback channels for websites and online applications is through the feedback link found at the bottom of the page in the footer.

Please follow the Code of Conduct and "Do not post the same material in multiple threads."
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Main Church Website”