Downloading General Conference talk videos

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
rickhier

Downloading General Conference talk videos

Post by rickhier »

I know things on the website have changed since I last did this, for the benefit of our Branch full of Marine Corps recruits when we meet with them on Sundays (October 2019, largely due to Covid), but I did manage to find where I *think* this might be done now (at least, it appears that Conference talk videos are now available in this fashion for previous Conferences). However, at this location: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... n?lang=eng I still don't see anything from today's sessions (even now, 7 hours after the session ended). In the past, it seemed to be much quicker. Am I missing something, or am I in the right place and just need to wait longer?

Thanks,
Rick Hier
MCRD Branch Executive Secretary
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Downloading General Conference talk videos

Post by jdlessley »

rickhier wrote:However, at this location: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... n?lang=eng I still don't see anything from today's sessions (even now, 7 hours after the session ended).
The Saturday morning session is available. It will be sometime tomorrow, Sunday, when the afternoon session and the priesthood session will become available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rickhier

Post by rickhier »

Thanks very much for the reply. Yes, I see the Saturday Morning session (all in one piece), perhaps they're still working on separating the talks as before. I guess I did find the right place (was afraid things had changed so much that I was missing it altogether), but will simply have to exercise more patience -- it just seemed to go much quicker in the past for whatever reason. Guess I'll check first thing in the morning, right before heading into our meetings, and be grateful whatever I can get -- in the past, all the individual talks from all the Saturday sessions were done by then (not complaining, it's great to have them). Thanks again...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm still not seeing individual talks on churchofjesuschrist.org, but I do see them YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LDSGeneral ... nce/videos

The entire Saturday sessions (a single 10.5 hour video) can be found on this channel. This is handy for time-shifting. You can go "live" or any amount behind "live".
https://www.youtube.com/user/LDSGeneral ... nce/videos
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickhier

Post by rickhier »

Thanks, and no worries, looks like I'll have some options anyway, which is great, I just didn't want to miss things altogether (I promised our Branch President I'd have it ready like the last few we did...)
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I have no idea if this is related, but I do know that each Conference, the Church is doing more and more non-English support, across-the-board. And I expect that the amount of internal resources available hasn't necessarily increased. So whereas before the English-language stuff may have received somewhat exclusive priority, now there are many languages that are likewise expecting/hoping to have "quick-access" to the conference talks. Perhaps this is impacting what you are seeing (I have noticed this as well).

Or maybe it's something completely different...
rickhier

Post by rickhier »

Yep, who knows. But we've got all the talks now...

Return to “Main Church Website”