Page 1 of 1
Look at new beta LDS.org!
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:15 am
If you haven't looked at beta lds.org in the last few days, drop everything and go here now! https://beta.lds.org/
Make sure you log in at the upper right with your LDS account as it might show you extra goodies! It's not all working yet, but we can see it getting tied together.
Thanks programmers! Anxious to see the rest come on line and functioning!
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:13 pm
It looks good! No new functionality that I can see, but I like the look and feel.
I do wish it would use more than half the width of my browser window, though.
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:26 pm
I think the scriptures look awesome!
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm
Very Impressive. Good job to all.
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 am
Very good, like the scriptures a lot.
Just need some more work on the international letters. My surname 'Jørgensen' (ALT+155) comes out as 'JÃ¸rgensen' at the top.
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:12 am
I love it! Great job to all of you. The directory with links to maps and family members is excellent - options to post pictures is also a nice touch.
My only gripe would be the lack of support for international characters - confirming what dkjorgi just posted - all accented words do indeed come out with modified characters.
Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 am
There are some key new features not available that really is quite great.
1. In LDS.ORG 2.0 you are only logged on in ward & stake websites, with 3.0 you can see how you can stay logged in any where on the website
2. In all places so far, except for the stuff under the tools area, you are able to navigate to other places on the website with out having to go back to the homepage
3. The search bar in 3.0, obviously not complete (as the website is not complete as well) has that search recommendation like on Google and other search engines, something very unlike 2.0
4. In some places, before the color change in 3.0, there was a language "thingy", my guess is that the Church is trying to be done with having the need for multiple domain names. (LDS.org, LDS.org.uk, etc.) Right now, this looks like its being fixed or something.
5. I've also noticed with 3.0, instead of the URL being a bunch of random characters, instead, its nice and clean, something memorable.
Although the site is not complete, its look and new functionality continues be improved upon. This is a project that I keep checking back on & will continue to do so.
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:42 am
Is anyone aware of what some of the (non-bishopric) calling-specific tools will be made available? For example, I'm a member of the Stake High Council. What tools would I have access to?
Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:17 pm
dltayman wrote:Is anyone aware of what some of the (non-bishopric) calling-specific tools will be made available? For example, I'm a member of the Stake High Council. What tools would I have access to?
There doesn't seem to be much word, or advance notice of anything as it rolls out in "chunks." We sat as our bishopric, clerks and exec secretaries, and each logged on to see and compare what "calling specific" tools the others had available.
you may need to do that on a stake level.
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:55 am
A note, which I sent to feedback, but doesn't appear to have been implemented: in the JST section
, the final book of the Bible is listed as "Revelations". That is incorrect: it is the book of Revelation, without the S.
Any word when the next chunk of updates should be available for viewing/testing?