Problem printing articles longer than 2 pages?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
robbywalker-p40

Printing work around for Firefox

Post by robbywalker-p40 »

I've found a fix that works pretty well to print the entire document (multiple pages) with Firefox. First select all of the text that you want to print. Then select File, Print and select the Option to Print Selection Only. The only problem I notice with this is it may cut the last line on the page in half and display part of it on two pages. The potential fix for this is to adjust the Scale to 99 0r 98% in your print settings.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Tyler wrote:Thank you for the discussion on this. We did find the same problem with FF 3.6...and have a solution in our deploy pipeline. It should be fixed with our next deploy (sorry can't give specifics on when). :)
Good to hear a solution is on its way. While studying the June home teaching message, I decided to check a footnote not visible on my printout (made with Firefox 3.6.3 yesterday), only to find a lot more text in the browser window than on paper.

This forum is great. After seeing that the printout was missing some text, I remembered having seen this thread. Not only has the problem been discussed in detail, the thread contains a workaround and word that a solution on is on the way.

Thanks.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I've noticed this same printing problem on other non-Church websites as well. Trying to print from a browser other than Firefox seems to be a viable work-around for now.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Tyler wrote:Thank you for the discussion on this. We did find the same problem with FF 3.6...and have a solution in our deploy pipeline. It should be fixed with our next deploy (sorry can't give specifics on when). :)
I just printed (well, attempted to print) the First Presidency message using Firefox 3.6.6, and the problem still appears to be there. For an issue this significant, I'm a bit surprised it's still apparently not fixed.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

I just printed a three-page conference talk from the general conference HTML area, and page 3 printed fine. Did the fix happen, or are conference talks not affected?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rmrichesjr wrote:I just printed a three-page conference talk from the general conference HTML area, and page 3 printed fine. Did the fix happen, or are conference talks not affected?
Are you using Firefox 3.6.7 (the current version)? Perhaps that included the fix.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Alan_Brown wrote:Are you using Firefox 3.6.7 (the current version)? Perhaps that included the fix.
That's what I forgot to put in my previous posting. Actually, 3.6.8 is now the current version. I'm still on 3.6.6. (I quit compiling Firefox from source a while ago and now just use the packages supplied by Mandriva. I suspect they'll update to 3.6.8 pretty soon.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rmrichesjr wrote:That's what I forgot to put in my previous posting. Actually, 3.6.8 is now the current version. I'm still on 3.6.6. (I quit compiling Firefox from source a while ago and now just use the packages supplied by Mandriva. I suspect they'll update to 3.6.8 pretty soon.)
Well, it's still a problem with FF 3.6.8 (I just verified this). That was just a wild hope on my part that somehow Firefox could fix it. But this post makes it pretty clear that the Church will have to fix the way lds.org handles this, so I guess we still need to be patient.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lowrykun-p40

Post by lowrykun-p40 »

I've noticed the same problem before on basically all web pages that the print length exceeds 2 pages.

I'm now on Firefox 3.6.8 with Windows 7 (x64).
dlburton

Printing Fix in FF4.0 Beta

Post by dlburton »

Tonight I got aggravated enough to try and find a solution to the 2 page printing. Firefox 4.0 Beta 6 will actually print the WHOLE lesson. After I downloaded and installed it I could really print the entire lesson ~ my blood pressure is coming down now. The link for the beta is:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html
Happy printing!!

Return to “Main Church Website”