Are all the new Directory and Calendar broken?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mwsuman

Are all the new Directory and Calendar broken?

Post by mwsuman »

The Directory shows up empty. The Calendar just spins and spins. I have tried with both Safari and Firefox on a Mac.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Working for me as of now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

In CHROME I can access all the features EXCEPT the Calendar, but in Internet Explorer everything works fine. Others report no problems in Chrome. Maybe there is something in our individual browser settings that prevents certain features from functioning.

Preston
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I just tested and have no problems accessing the Directory and Calendar using Mac OS 10.6.6 with Firefox 3.6.13 or Safari 5.0.3.
pvargas6

Post by pvargas6 »

I also have the problem of the calendar not loading. I used to be able to see them but in the last couple of weeks it does not load. I see the spinning clock logo, subscribed calendars and locations but not the large or small calendar. I do see a very small box in the lower left corner of the webpage that was not there before. On the 'Select Calendars' page I can see the Stake calendars to subscribe to but the ward calendars do not show. In the lower left corner I see a larger box with smaller boxes in it with the color samples of the assigned calendars. Two out of three of my computers are able to see the calendars but my laptop that I take to church on Sunday's happens to be the one the calendars do not show on. I've tried to compare the Internet settings but do not see any major differences. Any ideas?
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Do they use the same browser?

I tried resetting Chrome back to the defaults (CALENDAR used to work on this machine) but no change in the behavior.
djt87

I had same issue as well, except chrome worked and exporer did not.

Post by djt87 »

Try disabling any add ons that are not needed and as for me it was Divx that the calendar did not like. Disabling Divx at start up solved it.
craftyleo

Post by craftyleo »

I can only access part of the directory, we get just our family and our bishop, can anyone help because our clerk is stumped also
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craftyleo wrote:I can only access part of the directory, we get just our family and our bishop, can anyone help because our clerk is stumped also

What country are you in? Some countries like the UK have strict privacy laws. You can't see members unless they opt-in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jficklin

Post by jficklin »

I too found this problem last saturday when trying to train building schedulers at the family history center. Didn't matter whether we used Explorer or Firefox... the calendar would not load at times.... just the spining "Activity" icon going on forever. Sometimes if we re-booted the machine and started over the calendar would load, but eventually when coming back to the calendar view from somewhere else... the reservations screen for example... the calendar would not load.

Return to “Main Church Website”