Digital Area Book

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
mevans

Re: Digital Area Book

Post by mevans »

This is awesome. I had no idea it was there. Does anyone know who all has access to this report? This also led me to another interesting discovery, but I'll post that in a separate thread.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I'm serving as an assistant ward mission leader so I don't see this new Progress Record online. Can you tell me if leadership has edit rights to it or view only? We're interested in keeping this updated as a ward leadership. Thank you.
dpowell10

Post by dpowell10 »

We are in the Bronx NY, there are three wards in our Area. We are still only ably able to see one of the Three wards. It happens that it is the wrong ward. What we see on the report is good but it is in Spanish and we are in the English Speaking Ward. I am hoping that we will be able to see the correct ward report soon.
mevans

Post by mevans »

mprusse wrote:I'm serving as an assistant ward mission leader so I don't see this new Progress Record online. Can you tell me if leadership has edit rights to it or view only? We're interested in keeping this updated as a ward leadership. Thank you.
It's possible that you don't have access to it yet. They're doing some testing of the new leader/clerk resources, so it might still be a few months.
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

There's already the New and Returning Member report, which I'm not sure anybody in our stake is using (I'm the stake clerk). It's only accessible by bishopric or stake presidency members, as far as I can tell, and the people who would fill it out and use its contents (RS/EQ/HP/WML) don't have access to it.

It's already "Cloud-based", since it's accessible via the Internet at LDS.org under Clerk and Leader Resources (CLR), so no "new" software needed, except to provide access to it. Possible? This is a glaring hole in the "hastening" of the work when all folks have are paper copies of it that need to be synchronized at every meeting, and when many folks already have tablets/iPads/smart-phones that could be useful...
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

cheerioboy wrote:There's already the New and Returning Member report, which I'm not sure anybody in our stake is using (I'm the stake clerk). It's only accessible by bishopric or stake presidency members, as far as I can tell, and the people who would fill it out and use its contents (RS/EQ/HP/WML) don't have access to it.
Have you checked in the past few days? Ward council members and their presidencies were recently given access to certain information and reports on the Leader and Clerk Resources. I have not asked our council members whether they have access to the New and Returning Member Progress report. But it makes sense that report would be one of the reports to which they should have access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

According to this post, the WC does have access to "New and Returning Member" report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidcarlsen

Post by davidcarlsen »

The full-time missionaries in our stake do not have iPads yet, so the Progress Record available in the Leader and Clerk Resources is merely a blank pdf version. I used a pdf editor to create a fillable version of the form (attached). Until we get the online version, it's better than handwriting it each week.
Attachments
Missionary Progress Record-Fillable-0407.pdf
The entries on this form can be saved in Adobe Reader XI.
(335.92 KiB) Downloaded 1000 times
davidcarlsen

Post by davidcarlsen »

It appears that the form I posted tonight has some issues. Still working out the bugs. Will try again in a couple of days. I apologize to any of you who spent time trying to get it to work.
davidcarlsen

Post by davidcarlsen »

Here is the updated fillable Progress Report form that I promised. All the fields seem to be working now. Please let me know if you find issues or would like any changes to the fields.
Attachments
Missionary Progress Record-Fillable-v2-0407.pdf
The completed form can be saved if using Adobe Reader XI.
(225.47 KiB) Downloaded 552 times

Return to “Emerging Technologies”