Submit Your Online Tech Talk Questions

The latest forum news and information
Duane Hanusa-p40

Bishop

Postby Duane Hanusa-p40 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Our area had major flooding this spring and we where not able to commuicate with some members of our ward in other towns (20 miles away).
I would like to know if the Church has any common type of Short wave radio that is used and is it Fm or some other type, and what frequence is normaly used.
I went to our Stake Presidentcy and they have no plan and it doesn't sound like any area in our state does eather.
We would like to put to geather a plan and try to set it up so that not only our ward but nieboring stakes can all be on the same page.

jmasters-p40

Web software reports a virus in it

Postby jmasters-p40 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:09 pm

I'm trying to join the webinar, but the software download gets picked up as a virus by antivir.

How do I join otherwise?

jmasters1 at sbcglobal (dot) net

mkmurray

Postby mkmurray » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:13 pm

jmasters wrote:I'm trying to join the webinar, but the software download gets picked up as a virus by antivir.

How do I join otherwise?

jmasters1 at sbcglobal (dot) net

I'm sorry, I can't think of another way to join besides that link. However, I'm not actually a church employee.

jmasters-p40

Found a way, using VLC, but not much left to meeting?

Postby jmasters-p40 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:50 pm

Was the tech talk only 38 minutes long?

I watched the last part of Joel speaking, answering questions he was reading from a screen. But I only caught the last few minutes.

My firefox would crash constantly when trying to get to the site, and for some odd reason, when I tried using IE, it forced open firefox. Which crashed...

I then remembered I had a streaming media tool called VLC (free at videolan.org) and I was able to open the URL http://stream.lds.org/techtalk and watch it.

Justin

garysturn

Postby garysturn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:05 pm

jmasters wrote:Was the tech talk only 38 minutes long?

I watched the last part of Joel speaking, answering questions he was reading from a screen. But I only caught the last few minutes.

My firefox would crash constantly when trying to get to the site, and for some odd reason, when I tried using IE, it forced open firefox. Which crashed...

I then remembered I had a streaming media tool called VLC (free at videolan.org) and I was able to open the URL http://stream.lds.org/techtalk and watch it.

Justin

Yes, it was short. The good thing for those who had problems getting in is that is was recorded and will be posted here where it can be viewed in full later.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:21 pm

GarysTurn wrote:Yes, it was short. The good thing for those who had problems getting in is that is was recorded and will be posted here where it can be viewed in full later.

I am sure you plan to, but please let us know when it is posted. My DSL could not handle the connection. I will make the time to view it when it is available.

McDanielCA

Postby McDanielCA » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 pm

If you have the LDS Tech RSS feed, you will receive an update when the content is posted on the site.

chrisashford

Calendar Sync - Time delay

Postby chrisashford » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:15 pm

When syncing LDS calendar (using the URL from the church website) with a local calendar client, It is not always successful. It feels as if there is a "throttle", only allowing so may syncs for a set time period. is this right? if so what are the parameters of the sync (for example: how many syncs are allowed over what time period)?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Sync - Time delay

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:04 pm

chrisashford wrote:When syncing LDS calendar (using the URL from the church website) with a local calendar client, It is not always successful. It feels as if there is a "throttle", only allowing so may syncs for a set time period. is this right? if so what are the parameters of the sync (for example: how many syncs are allowed over what time period)?

The sync can only be used once every 9 minutes. That is for each member, not each devices or even each URL. So, if you have multiple devices syncing, they can run into the 9 minute throttle.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Announcements & Policies”