Missionary Online System Question

Discussions about other Church websites
meldunner

Re: Missionary Online System Question

Post by meldunner »

what it mean what call is ready ? and how many day it to assign me to a mission?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

melvindunnersr wrote:what it mean what call is ready ? and how many day it to assign me to a mission?
A call that is ready for assignment on Friday usually receives an assignment the next week. The call letter and information are then prepared. The actual call usually goes out the week after that.

It does not always work exactly like that, but in my experience this seems to be a normal sequence of events.
marthamamie

Post by marthamamie »

I want to submit my documents but my portal can't open
Nacer55a

Post by Nacer55a »

A branch president in Puerto Cisnes Chile asked me for help regarding an incomplete missionary application that was sent. Can it be retrieved, brought back, for the missing pieces?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Nacer55a wrote:A branch president in Puerto Cisnes Chile asked me for help regarding an incomplete missionary application that was sent. Can it be retrieved, brought back, for the missing pieces?
I do not know if the stake/district resident can send it back, but at the very least, the branch president can get the information to the stake/district president and he can enter it.
t.lipua

Post by t.lipua »

How long does it take till I am able to receive my mission call. I have been told that I am ready for assignment but yet I still haven't received an email about my mission call. What can I do in order get my mission call
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

t.lipua wrote:How long does it take till I am able to receive my mission call. I have been told that I am ready for assignment . . .
When I was last involved with the process, Ready for Assignment meant that your application would go to the Quorum of the Twelve for a recommended mission assignment the following week. After a mission is assigned, you will usually receive your call early the 2nd week.

I do not know when the emails go out. When mission calls were mailed, they usually were entered into the postal system on Tuesdays.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jercelbrown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:45 pm My son met with the Stake President on 04.20. On Sunday, 04.24 the Bishop told us his papers were submitted. On his portal, it still says our Stake President needs to submit his recommendation to Church headquarters. Nothing has changed at all since we submitted his papers to the Bishop. What do we do? Is his call coming? I am a little confused and this is our oldest son. Please help. We are getting anxious to receive his call.
If the system says the stake president has not been submitted, I would query the stake president first. He should be able to go in and check his part of the process - with all the church system issues going on the past weeks, he may have hit the "submit" button but it didn't take and he may not have noticed.
emmaquine

Post by emmaquine »

is there a tab that shows when to expect my call? I had my interview at the beginning of August, and my stake president said he would submit the papers that day. I waited six weeks, with no word, and called the stake president to find out if he heard anything. long story short, he apologized profusely and said that he had forgotten to submit them. He promised to do it and I checked with him and he said he submitted them. It is now been 4 weeks, and I'm frustrated, because nothing has changed on my recommend page, still saying that I will meet with my stake president to submit the final papers. Is this normal, I even called salt lake missionary department to ask if they could verify that they have been submitted. They just referred me back to the Stake President. I dont want to make him feel like I am doubting that he sent them in, but... Im getting frustrated that there is no way for me to see if there Is any progress being made. Is there anyone I can contact to make sure they have been submitted?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

emmaquine wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:41 pm Is there anyone I can contact to make sure they have been submitted?
I would suggest that you ask your bishop. Let him know that it has been quite a while and you are wondering if there is any hangup at the stake or if the call process is just taking a long time. It is also possible that headquarters returned the application to the stake president for additional information.

Your bishop will be in a better position to let you know the status of your application.

Return to “Other Websites”