2018 motab Tour Venue Information Page has bad layout using Firefox browser

Discussions about other Church websites
rontilby

2018 motab Tour Venue Information Page has bad layout using Firefox browser

Post by rontilby »

On the Tabernacle Choir's 2018 Tour Venue Information page, (https://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/e ... ation.html) the venue descriptions are composed using many non-breaking space (nbsp) characters. This approach works only if the available font, font spacing, and browser zoom level exactly match what the developer was using when creating the web page.

The layout looks fine using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, but in Mozilla Firefox, the font and font spacing used for the rendering is different enough to cause a different line wrapping than with other browsers.

The use of "just the right number" of nbsp characters to format layout is a bad idea.

Please change the page source so that the venue description text is formatted using the appropriate html tags.

See also: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1400385

I got delivery failure on emails of the above to webmaster@mormontabernaclechoir.org and webmaster@ldschurch.org so I don't know how to get this message to the appropriate people.
eblood66

Re: 2018 motab Tour Venue Information Page has bad layout using Firefox browser

Post by eblood66 »

Your best bet is to use the Feedback link at the bottom of the main lds.org page. I'm not sure if the tabernacle choir website is maintained by the same group as lds.org but I expect the feedback should still get where it needs to go.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: 2018 motab Tour Venue Information Page has bad layout using Firefox browser

Post by sbradshaw »

Looks really bad on a small screen or in a small window, too.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Other Websites”