labs.lds.org News

Discussions about other Church websites
ihenpecked

Post by ihenpecked »

So if I understand you correctly, we're at the very beginning stages of any LUWS 2.0? Any better idea when any upgrades will be rolled out to the membership at large?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ihenpecked wrote:So if I understand you correctly, we're at the very beginning stages of any LUWS 2.0? Any better idea when any upgrades will be rolled out to the membership at large?
As you can tell it is difficult to get a handle on the status of the project let alone any release dates. The community will be informed as soon as anyone knows. Based on past experience it is not common practice for the Church to provide dates on project releases or updates to current programs.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
crisa

Ward Directory

Post by crisa »

I am assuming that only certain people or wards are able to see their directory in labs. I went on to take a look and the link is unavailable.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

crisa wrote:I am assuming that only certain people or wards are able to see their directory in labs. I went on to take a look and the link is unavailable.
Well, first, it doesn't appear the directory is on labs.lds.org (at least not yet). And second, it won't be you ward's directory you will see, it will just be beta test data. At official release, it would then be your ward's membership.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

The first several times that I logged into the labs site (using the generic login) there was a section for a directory.
When I selected it, it asked for my LDS Account credentials it then took me to the directory with my ward members listed.
It appears that it has since been removed
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Yes... it's removed. I'm able to find my personal data before in labs.lds.org, but now the site only shows websites in beta test. However, membership data beta tests (like ward calendar and directory) are removed to tech.lds.org internal beta sites and I don't know the addresses.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

MorettiDP wrote:However, membership data beta tests (like ward calendar and directory) are removed to tech.lds.org internal beta sites and I don't know the addresses.
I have given out the one for Local Unit Calendars before in a different thread; here it is: http://tech.lds.org/luc/

This link is publically available on the LUC wiki project page.
ihenpecked

Update LUC site

Post by ihenpecked »

Looks like progress is being made on the test site.
crisa

Post by crisa »

I am sure this is addressed in another forum, however, I have not been able to find it. What drives the calling on the Member Experience page found in labs.lds.org? Is it MLS? I know I have read a lot about consolidating and having MLS and LUWS being coordinated. Is MLS also going to drive the LUWS, eventually?

Return to “Other Websites”