MORS - policy for stakes to retain medical & dental forms

Discussions about other Church websites
ericb

MORS - policy for stakes to retain medical & dental forms

Post by ericb »

Myself and our assistant stake clerk handle the input of missionary medical & dental information for missionary applications. In referring to the MORS site, I was trying to locate the retention policy for the completed medical/dental paper copies. In other words, once the individual receives their mission call, is there an official policy of how long the stake should retain these paper copies?

As a standard practice, we're attaching scanned versions of the documents to the 'Photo and Other Documents' section of the missionary application -- in doing that, it seems like there wouldn't be a need to keep the paper copies. The previous clerk that oversaw this indicated the policy was to keep the paper copies until the missionary returns home. I know these policies can change over time, so looking to see if anyone can point me to an official statement on this.

Thanks!
drepouille

Re: MORS - policy for stakes to retain medical & dental forms

Post by drepouille »

When I was stake clerk, I kept all the paperwork for each missionary in my files until the missionary returned home. When the missionary and his/her family came into the stake offices for the release interview, or for the high council report, I handed the whole file to the parents.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I handed the whole file to the parents.
Given that missionaries are adults, I'd give it to the returned missionary. It's their medical information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ericb

Post by ericb »

I ended up calling the missionary dept this morning, and was transferred to an on-call doctor (service missionary). He wasn't aware of a retention policy for stakes to hold onto the paperwork, but did say (in his opinion) it should be fine for stakes to keep it during the duration of the mission service.
dbm8

Post by dbm8 »

I submitted a help ticket today regarding the medical and dental forms for missionaries. The response was we should keep them for one year, then we could destroy them. This makes sense, because the forms are only valid for a year. After a year, a perspective missionary would need to complete a new form.

Return to “Other Websites”