Finnish netsite

Discussions about other Church websites
MayaML

Finnish netsite

Post by MayaML »

Could someone please add mormonismi to search engine for www.mormonit.fi
I just chekked on google adn the Church official sites came not up at all! The anti site .net is no 1 :mad: ... Thanks to all who click on my MGF discusition site, even just to get more points for it, it is no 2 (www.mormonismi.com) Thanks for klicking! Click also on the official site above... thanks we need ALL clikcs possible!
:)

Also: add: Jeesuksen Krsituksen Kirkko, Myöhempien Aikojen Jeesuksen Krsituksen Kirkko, Myöhempien Aikojen Pyhien Jeesuksen Kristuksen Kirkko (the two last have only the Devils Church threads in google) also Palautettu kirkko... give only negative sites.
If someone from MGF reads this ... you can add all these on mormonismi.com too and mormonit where the official site was no 1.
Just to let you know!
Also usable cearch words; Tosikirkko (True Church), Usko (Faith), Jeesus Kristus, kadotus (damnation), Totuus (Truth), kirkko (Church)
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

One way Google ranks sites is by how many other sites link to it. So if the Finnish version of mormon.org isn't showing up in a Finnish Google search for Mormonsim, that means that there are not a significant number of other sites linking to it for Google rank it higher.

I would assume that whomever at the Church responsible for maintaining the sites has already submitted them to Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

It is no one when you google "mormonit" (mormons) but it is not on the list at all when you google the other possibilities... not even the REAL name of the Church! The first one when you google with the real name, the long one... you get wikipedias Last Day Saints MOVEMENT!
Because of linguistical problems you start the name in Finnish with Last Day Saints Jesus`s Chrits`s Church. Many are searching with those other words, not just with "mormonit" nd so they may not get the real site at all. I think that is a bad thing. Many search with mormonismi (mormonism) or even with the whole name... and they dont even find the church official sites listed!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

MayaML wrote:It is no one when you google "mormonit" (mormons) but it is not on the list at all when you google the other possibilities... not even the REAL name of the Church! The first one when you google with the real name, the long one... you get wikipedias Last Day Saints MOVEMENT!
Because of linguistical problems you start the name in Finnish with Last Day Saints Jesus`s Chrits`s Church. Many are searching with those other words, not just with "mormonit" nd so they may not get the real site at all. I think that is a bad thing. Many search with mormonismi (mormonism) or even with the whole name... and they dont even find the church official sites listed!
That's strange. When I search for even just "myohempien" the first entry is the official church website. If I search for "myohempien aikojen pyhien" the first entry is still the official church entry. The second entry is for the wikipedia article about the Latter Day Saints Movement. However, if I search for the full name of the church in Finnish then the first 3 entries are all from the official church website. Similarly when I searched for just "MAP kirkko" I got the official site first. Overall it doesn't look too bad. I'm not sure why I'd get different results in the US than you would in Norway.

I agree though. "mormonismi" doesn't have an official church site anywhere near the top. Mormonism (in English) is a bit better but even there mormon.org is the 3rd entry and is easy to miss. Some of the time when I searched for "mormonism" or "mormonismi" I got an ad for mormon.org but sometimes I didn't.

I think that as members we don't use the term Mormonism much which means that most pages with that term come from people outside the church. That probably hurts the search results.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

This was weird... today they have the official sites pretty high up all except the mormonismi.... well looks like there is only the mormonismi to add! mormonismi.com is an ok site anyway.
Very weird! Anyway the official sites were now among the 5 first ones.

Return to “Other Websites”