Annual ward history template?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
davesudweeks

Re: Annual ward history template?

Post by davesudweeks »

The largest one I have submitted from our ward was 22 pages and 500k (but that included 12 calendar pages). Most are 8-10 pages and under 100K each. Our stake adds the annual ward sustaining sheet from ward conference so I don't include that. I don't do pics but have added a graph or two in the past. Most of the time it is just text in a word document that I save as .pdf to send to the stake. I don't know how our stake manages all the ones from the wards and stake auxiliaries but they do require them to be submitted to the stake clerk. I assume the stake sends them to church headquarters, but I don't know that for a fact.
KerryBird

Post by KerryBird »

Can you see the problem? When you have fourteen different reports coming in to the stake, how do you get it all into one document and send it in to the church?
An app in LCR would solve this problem and end the paper avalanche.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kerrybird wrote:Can you see the problem? When you have fourteen different reports coming in to the stake, how do you get it all into one document and send it in to the church?
The church's development team is very small and work based on direction and priories that come from the Brethren. No one here, including our visiting employees, are decision-makers that can push that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

kerrybird wrote:Can you see the problem? When you have fourteen different reports coming in to the stake, how do you get it all into one document and send it in to the church?
There are a couple of websites that let you upload individual documents and they bind them all together in a single .pdf that you can then download. You can upload multiple document types. I have used one of them before (can't remember the site offhand and the shortcut is on my home computer).

You need to review your documents for sensitive data first, but they work very well and are easy. The one I used claimed they only kept your original documents for a short time (I think 24 hrs) before they were automatically deleted.
KerryBird

Post by KerryBird »

Sounds interesting. I may not still be involved in this next year, but would like to see the whole process simplified for wards and stakes. The ideal method would be to have an app in LCR where ward clerks submit their documents to the stake for review, before it is submitted to the Historical Department. The annual Sustaining of Officers
KerryBird

Post by KerryBird »

Form could also be added at that point or submitted right after the meeting
KerryBird

Post by KerryBird »

I would like to speak with someone in that department about the whole process and how it could be simplified
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kerrybird wrote:I would like to speak with someone in that department about the whole process and how it could be simplified
Your bishop or stake president would be able to discuss this with you and put you in touch with the Historical Department. However, I believe they work under the direction of their priesthood leaders, not ours.
susanspow

Post by susanspow »

This is a new calling for me and I haven't had any guidance. Am I supposed to write up every calling that's called?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

susanspow wrote:This is a new calling for me and I haven't had any guidance. Am I supposed to write up every calling that's called?
I sent you a PM with my email address in it. Let me know where to send them and I'll send you a few examples from our ward.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”