Stake Conference

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
natrx-p40

Stake Conference

Post by natrx-p40 »

This will be my first stake conference as stake clerk. Does anyone have a good checklist I could use as a guide to help the stake presidency? I'm sort of walking in the dark on this one but would like to make their lives a little easier if possible.

Any advice is appreciated..

thanks in advance,
Nate
opee

Post by opee »

Here is a checklist that we use.
Attachments
Stake Conf Prep Checklist.doc
(69 KiB) Downloaded 2759 times
natrx-p40

Post by natrx-p40 »

Thanks Opee.

This will be a great addition to our continuity files and a big help for preparation.

take care,
Nate
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

opee wrote:Here is a checklist that we use.

Thanks, opee, this is a great list. It's similar to what we use in our stake, but it has some additional points that I'll suggest we add to our list.

The one addition I might suggest for that list is in the area of callings.
  • There are certain callings (such as Melchizedek Priesthood advancements) that need to be done or ratified in a stake conference or general stake priesthood meeting. A clerk needs to prepare a list of all such ordinations to be ratified.
  • It's nice to make certain high-profile changes in stake leadership (such as Stake RS, YM, YW, or Primary presidency) at a stake conference (assuming the timing is reasonable), so this requires planning.
  • For the first stake conference of the year, the stake clerk has to prepare the Officers Sustained form so that the sustainings can all be done properly at that stake conference.
natrx-p40

Post by natrx-p40 »

Thanks Alan.

I'll add those to the checklist as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:For the first stake conference of the year, the stake clerk has to prepare the Officers Sustained form so that the sustainings can all be done properly at that stake conference.
That's only done annually? Shows how much I've been paying attention....
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:That's only done annually?
Yes, at the first stake conference of the year. However, if you have a satellite broadcast for your first conference, the satellite conference instructions you receive will tell you to wait until the second conference to do the list of officers sustained.

At the first conference, you would only do priesthood ordinations and the leadership changes that needed to be sustained and released, not the entire list.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”