Expense Detail Report for Clerks & Auditors is hard to find

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mrcolj

Expense Detail Report for Clerks & Auditors is hard to find

Post by mrcolj »

I'm a Stake Auditor. Last night I got a call from another Stake Auditor asking where the Expense Detail Report was (basically a check register--list of checks, etc.) One of the first questions in the audit requires the auditor to print an Expense Detail Report. I've frankly always had a problem finding it myself, and that probably means most clerks aren't using it. So it's a UX thing I'm reporting here:

First, it's not in the menu. The kind of people who become clerks are more likely than the population to use the menu at the top of the screen, and not the tiled icons. In the menu there is an Expense Report, and it has a Detail drop-down, but that's expenses by subcategory. The basic Expense Detail Report is only accessible from the tile icons. You have to click the man with the calculator, then hit More, then hit View/Update Expenses, then in the top-right click Details. Oh, and change the date to a custom date representing Q1/Q2. It's not hard, just not intuitive, especially again to the kinds of left-brained people who become clerks and auditors.

Second, it's not called Expense Detail Report. For all purposes it's "called" View/Update Expenses.

Third, simply, it's not explained in the audit instructions. Really, the link needs to appear in the menu (or in the Expense Report drop-down, but if that requires too much approval, it at least should be in the Audit Instructions.)

Maybe this is moot--as MLS goes online, the audit instructions can just have a link to the report.

Anyway, MLS is great, just making a comment in this wonderful forum that historically has been the best place to get stuff done. :D
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Expense Detail Report for Clerks & Auditors is hard to find

Post by jdlessley »

mrcolj wrote:[T]he audit requires the auditor to print an Expense Detail Report.
First, it's not in the menu. ... Second, it's not called Expense Detail Report. For all purposes it's "called" View/Update Expenses.
I have never used the tiles for financial viewing or editing. "View/Update Expenses" is available in the Finance menu in the Expenses grouping.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Reports and Forms”