Budget Allowance - YSA

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
justin.scott

Budget Allowance - YSA

Post by justin.scott »

After much deliberation, I cannot find an answer to my question.

In the Projected Budget Allowance form generated each quarter by Church HQ, the form indicates that the allocation for Young Single Adults is calculated by "multiplying the number of single adults (ages 18 to 30) from membership records by the percent of sacrament meeting attendance from line 7 of the Quarterly Report."

So, from what I can gather, in order to calculate this, you need to do the following:

1. Sacrament Meeting Attendance / Total Members = Sacrament Meeting Attendance %
2. Sacrament Meeting Attendance % x Total YSA Members

What I am having the hardest time finding is the total number of YSA members. Can anyone tell me where to find a headcount of YSA's in any given quarter? Am I not understanding this correctly?

Basically, I'm trying to duplicate the calculation given in that section of the Projected Budget Allowance form.

Hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Budget Allowance - YSA

Post by lajackson »

justin.scott wrote:What I am having the hardest time finding is the total number of YSA members. Can anyone tell me where to find a headcount of YSA's in any given quarter?
It is hiding in plain sight. On the quarterly report just to the right of the number of YSA attending will be the potential number who could be attending. That is the total number of YSA in the unit that was used for the calculation.

You can also find the real-time number of YSA records in the unit at LCR by looking under Unit Statistics. Whatever that value is on the last day of the quarter will be snapshotted (is that really a word?) into the next quarterly report.

Return to “Reports and Forms”