Elders Quorum Roll... Who do I count?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
davidgw
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:50 pm
Location: Clovis, CA

Re: Elders Quorum Roll... Who do I count?

Postby davidgw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 pm

As a ward clerk, I send out the "Potential" list to each of the quorum/auxiliary secretaries, and ask them to identify who on the list are NOT attending any of the meetings. This provides 2 main benefits: (1) it helps the bishop and quorum/aux leadership know who is not attending, and (2) it allows me to double check/correct any errors from the secretaries. Initially, our ward was not counting full-time missionaries from our ward, and sometimes missed people with other callings. Just recently, a new secretary identified the RS president and Primary president as not having attended RS meetings, because they had not "marked the attendance roll" that is passed around in class!) Training moment!)

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 3210
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Elders Quorum Roll... Who do I count?

Postby eblood66 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:39 pm

davidgw wrote:As a ward clerk, I send out the "Potential" list to each of the quorum/auxiliary secretaries, and ask them to identify who on the list are NOT attending any of the meetings. This provides 2 main benefits: (1) it helps the bishop and quorum/aux leadership know who is not attending, and (2) it allows me to double check/correct any errors from the secretaries. Initially, our ward was not counting full-time missionaries from our ward, and sometimes missed people with other callings. Just recently, a new secretary identified the RS president and Primary president as not having attended RS meetings, because they had not "marked the attendance roll" that is passed around in class!) Training moment!)

This is exactly what I used to do as ward clerk. The EQ and RS leaders did not always stay up to date about who had callings in primary or YW and YM.

cwilke1
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Elders Quorum Roll... Who do I count?

Postby cwilke1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:09 pm

This is the attendance definition given in the report itself:

"Record the number of Melchizedek Priesthood holders who attended at least one priesthood meeting during the last month of the quarter or who attended at least one Sunday Young Men or Primary meeting during the last month of the quarter because of a Church calling involving them in one of those meetings."

Seems like your bishopric's instructions do not match up with the language given by church headquarters.

davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Elders Quorum Roll... Who do I count?

Postby davesudweeks » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:57 pm

cwilke1 wrote:Seems like your bishopric's instructions do not match up with the language given by church headquarters.

This may be technically correct, but counting the individuals who did not attend and subtracting it from the total gives the same number as counting those who did attend. Since we are only reporting the total number, I don't see as it makes a huge difference as long as the number is as accurate as we can be.

I always look over the reports I receive back from the priesthood and auxiliaries. The most common errors I correct before uploading the data is:
1. Members serving in other callings (such as primary, stake, etc) who should be marked as attending
2. Sisters serving full time missions who should be marked as attending (for some reason, our EQ rarely misses this one for the elders, but the RS usually misses the sisters).

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 26625
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Elders Quorum Roll... Who do I count?

Postby russellhltn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:05 pm

davesudweeks wrote:
cwilke1 wrote:Seems like your bishopric's instructions do not match up with the language given by church headquarters.

This may be technically correct, but counting the individuals who did not attend and subtracting it from the total gives the same number as counting those who did attend. Since we are only reporting the total number, I don't see as it makes a huge difference as long as the number is as accurate as we can be.

I think he's referring to the OP:
bjfieeiki wrote:I was told by the bishopric to mark all elders and high priests with callings as present, even if they are not in class... I'm questioning this instruction. :?: :shock: :?:
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.


Return to “Reports and Forms”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest