End of Year Tax Statements

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jpjones~ogr

Re: End of Year Tax Statements

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Tax records for deceased members have been consistently distributed to wards I've served in. A relatively new condition that might affect distribution would be if the deceased member chose to receive statements via their Church web account instead of their unit printing them. Over the years I've distributed more than a few to spouses or families of deceased members.

Though deceased members records are cleared from wards, technically they shouldn't have been moved out, but maybe gathered back to HQ systems.

For members that moved out, the current convention is that their tax statements are either available via their Church web account, or their unit of record gets to print tax statements for them. For a few years I've been printing tax statements for new members that include donations made in other units.

If a member passed away while living in your unit, they hadn't switched to getting statements from their web account, and you don't get a statement to print for them, I'd reach out to Global Service folks.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe the selection to not have the statement provided to the clerk only takes it off the automatic generation for the clerk to distribute - it does not remove the donation history from the unit. Unless things have changed since I was released as clerk, the clerk can still generate a tax-valid statement for any member who lived in the ward/branch during the records retention period. If the family of the deceased asks, it is a simple matter for the clerk to generate a tax-valid donation record for the deceased member.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

davesudweeks wrote:I believe the selection to not have the statement provided to the clerk only takes it off the automatic generation for the clerk to distribute - it does not remove the donation history from the unit. Unless things have changed since I was released as clerk, the clerk can still generate a tax-valid statement for any member who lived in the ward/branch during the records retention period. If the family of the deceased asks, it is a simple matter for the clerk to generate a tax-valid donation record for the deceased member.
In LCRF, I am not able to generate statements for moved out members, only current and deceased.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kd7mha wrote:In LCRF, I am not able to generate statements for moved out members, only current and deceased.
I'd imagine that the "move out" function only works if the MRN has been associated with the account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

kd7mha wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:I believe the selection to not have the statement provided to the clerk only takes it off the automatic generation for the clerk to distribute - it does not remove the donation history from the unit. Unless things have changed since I was released as clerk, the clerk can still generate a tax-valid statement for any member who lived in the ward/branch during the records retention period. If the family of the deceased asks, it is a simple matter for the clerk to generate a tax-valid donation record for the deceased member.
In LCRF, I am not able to generate statements for moved out members, only current and deceased.
I used to be able to do that with MLS, but don't know if the ability to generate statements in MLS was removed after I was released as clerk a bit over a year ago.

Return to “Reports and Forms”