Report of Returned Missionaries

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
kreeve

Report of Returned Missionaries

Post by kreeve »

I need to create a report of all Missionaries who have returned home/released in the last 6 months. Using the Create a report, I can get a list of returned missionaries but there is not a column for release date available.

If I go to the missionary system, I can see a list by ward of returned missionaries and release dates, but all I can do is print. I can not sort, or filter or generate a csv.

Realize our stake is a YSA Unit so hundreds of missionaries in the returned category, and since they often only show up in our YSA unit right at semester starts, they have no history with our Stake, so leaders do not have tabs on them.

1. Is it possible to request a column be added to reporting tool? If so what is the process?

2. Any other ideas on how to accomplish this, or am I missing something obvious?

I welcome any and all ideas so I can help the Stake President accomplish his goal.

Kevin
davesudweeks

Re: Report of Returned Missionaries

Post by davesudweeks »

As a possible workaround: If you print to a .pdf document (from the missionary system), you should be able to copy the release dates from the saved document, then paste them into a spreadsheet. I no longer have access to that system so can't check my theory.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kreeve wrote:I welcome any and all ideas so I can help the Stake President accomplish his goal.
Assuming you don't get a better answer, you might want to have a talk with the stake president about the difficulty in getting such a report to see if something can be worked out. I'm not sure where this requirement is coming from since there doesn't seem to be a pre-canned report already in place. If this requirement is coming from above, then he can take up the issue with his coordinating council.

A few possible solutions: Divide up the work by pushing this off onto the wards. Chances are, whatever action is to be taken on this report will be done by the wards, not the stake.

Another possibility is to print out the report you can do and highlight all the ones released in the last 6 months. Sloppy, but functional. And while it may seem to be more work then necessary, can probably be done in 5 minutes or so.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You could just use the features that are built into the system. In Leader and Clerk Resources:
* Organizations > Full-Time Missionaries
* Click on the Returned tab
* Click on the Returned column header
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

scgallafent wrote:You could just use the features that are built into the system. In Leader and Clerk Resources:
* Organizations > Full-Time Missionaries
* Click on the Returned tab
* Click on the Returned column header

That is exactly what I was looking for. I think this will work for us.

This falls into the "I missed something obvious" column. :D

Thank you!

Kevin
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

Ok, I spoke to soon. The Full-Time Missionaries appears to not have been updated since 2018. Nothing since then. I have over 30 in our stake who have returned home since March 2020.

I will keep looking. That should be the place I would find it.

Kevin
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Something is broken there. If you look at the individual ward reports, you will see current data. To change wards, click on the ward dropdown list at the top right of the page. I'm going to nudge someone about the stake list.
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

Got it.

Return to “Reports and Forms”