Custom Report Help Needed - YSA's of Part-Member Families

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
razor7

Custom Report Help Needed - YSA's of Part-Member Families

Post by razor7 »

Hello--

My subject almost covers what I need help with. I'm new, and I just got a request from our FT elders that they need this report ASAP. They had it in other wards, and so once it's been created, I know it will be easy to run going forward. I just don't think I have the time to figure out on my own how to create it in time for them.

The elders want a single report which includes all the 18+ YSA's that are in part-member families.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Stephen
davesudweeks

Re: Custom Report Help Needed - YSA's of Part-Member Families

Post by davesudweeks »

I no longer have access to custom reports, but if I recall correctly, you set the filters similar to below:
Member age is greater than or equal to 18
Member age is less than or equal to 30
Marriage status is single

Keep in mind that it will show married members where no marriage information has been recorded (fairly common with less active singles).
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I just reread your original post and it sounds like you might also need to run a second report where the spouse is not a member, then compare the reports - I'm not sure you can run a single report that will combine all the criteria together.
razor7

Post by razor7 »

Thank you. The missionaries seemed to think they got the repot from another ward, but the clerk may have been combining to the two reports after they were generated--like you suggested.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A report showing YSAs are easy enough. Likewise, a report for part-member families. The request for YSAs of part-member families has me scratching my head. (Both from the standpoint of "how" as well as "why".) I'm wondering if something got lost somewhere in the re-telling.

Even if it were possible, I'd be concerned about a couple of things. Many inactive "YSA" are really married. Their inactivity has made it hard to get the information needed to update the records. Second, not all YSA living at home are in grouped in the same household as their parents. That's bishop's prerogative and usually based on if it's desirable to give the child their own Ministering brothers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”