"Protecing Children and Youth Training" not registering

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
philman625

"Protecing Children and Youth Training" not registering

Post by philman625 »

There are several members of our ward who have reportedly finished the Protecing Children and Youth Training, but their names still show as the training being "Past Due" on the report in LCR.

As the Ward Clerk, I keep getting asked if I can "mark" their training as done, or if I can override it somehow. I'm not aware of any way to do this, and I'm honestly not sure if it's not just something on their end (like, they haven't FULLY completed it or what), but they say they've done it, and it seems like a lot to ask for them to do it multiple times just to get it to register.

Anyone else heard of this issue? I'm pretty tech savvy and I just feel like it's not a matter of "it didn't record it," because... I mean, those sorts of bugs pretty rarely happen and I feel like the problem would be more widespread and not localized to a few members of my ward...

So, to recap:
1) Anyone else heard of this issue?
or
2) Is there a known way for me as the Ward Clerk to "mark" that someone has completed the training so they'll drop off the report?

Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "Protecing Children and Youth Training" not registering

Post by russellhltn »

One thing you might want to verify is that they were logged into a church account that has their MRN connected to it. Failure to do that will most certainly cause problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

philman625 wrote:So, to recap:
1) Anyone else heard of this issue?
2) Is there a known way for me as the Ward Clerk to "mark" that someone has completed the training so they'll drop off the report?
1) Yes.
2) No.
It was once suggested that a screenshot from the member of the completion certificate could be sent to the GSD and they would update the training, but I do not know if that is still an option.

Our clerk will keep copies on file as suitable evidence of completion. And I believe the report only lists those who are in positions that require the training.
philman625

Post by philman625 »

russellhltn wrote:One thing you might want to verify is that they were logged into a church account that has their MRN connected to it. Failure to do that will most certainly cause problems.
This is a good thought. In my time as Ward Clerk, I have definitely become aware that there are MANY members who have multiple church accounts, and they've often lost access to the one that's connected to their MRN. I hadn't considered this. Thanks for the idea.

Return to “Reports and Forms”