Missions monthly cost.

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
brown67

Missions monthly cost.

Postby brown67 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:35 am

When are the cost of missions rising from $400 to $500 a month?

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Missions monthly cost.

Postby lajackson » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:13 pm

brown67 wrote:When are the cost of missions rising from $400 to $500 a month?
The change was put on hold as the pandemic began spreading last year. We do not know when it will be implemented. I am sure there will be Notices at the Official Communication Library and also articles in the Church News when it happens.

I would guess that the change would take place a few months after any announcement, but that is just my own opinion. I would also note that the amount has always been related to actual mission costs for the Church. It may be that, with the events of this past year, costs are not as great as expected. If that is true, and again I have no way of knowing this, I would expect the Church to delay the increase as long as possible.

BrianEdwards

Re: Missions monthly cost.

Postby BrianEdwards » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:55 am

For reference, when the original announcement was made in June 2019, the increase was slotted to begin a year later, in July 2020. Although nobody can guarantee anything, I expect the Church is very aware of the financial planning required for missionaries and their families, and it would seem likely that any increase wouldn't go into effect for at least six months (but if I'm guessing, more likely a year after the announcement). So if I had a missionary getting ready to start their service, I'd pencil in maybe 12 months at $400, and 6 or 12 months at $500 (for 18 month or 24 month missions).

Return to “Reports and Forms”