Out of date forms

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
paulniebuhr

Out of date forms

Post by paulniebuhr »

Is there a list of outdated church forms, such as the Convert Baptism Checklist 31974? We have many old forms that I would like to discard if they are no longer used.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

paulniebuhr wrote:Is there a list of outdated church forms, such as the Convert Baptism Checklist 31974? We have many old forms that I would like to discard if they are no longer used.
I don't know of any published list. I suppose clerks could chime in with their suggestions. Perhaps a more efficient approach would be for you to list all the forms that you have questions about in a forum post here, and various clerks could let you know if they are still active or what form has replaced them.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would look to see if you can order the form. If you can order it, it's probably not obsolete.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

My rule of thumb is if the form has been incorporated into MLS, it's obsolete. The new convert checklist seems to be in the quarterly report now, so I would think it is obsolete. Baptism records, priesthood advancements, patriarchal blessings, attendance rolls, ordinance request forms, and new/returning member progress reports are just of the few that come to mind. All certificates I can think of can also now be printed through MLS so no longer need to be ordered.
jameslanderson

Post by jameslanderson »

Wow! This "old" topic is new again for me. Maybe someone can help me. I am currently wearing two hats: Financial and Membership Clerk. Our Primary has informed me that they can no longer find a way to order Primary Graduation Certificates. Of course, I immediately told them that it must be a part of the MLS capability today as many, many things are now provided that way. Can't find it anywhere. Any ideas? Or is their a new policy that Primary grads will no longer receive a special "certificate" memorializing that achievement? Thanks.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

jameslanderson wrote:Wow! This "old" topic is new again for me. Maybe someone can help me. I am currently wearing two hats: Financial and Membership Clerk. Our Primary has informed me that they can no longer find a way to order Primary Graduation Certificates. Of course, I immediately told them that it must be a part of the MLS capability today as many, many things are now provided that way. Can't find it anywhere. Any ideas? Or is their a new policy that Primary grads will no longer receive a special "certificate" memorializing that achievement? Thanks.

log in to store.lds.org and search for "Primary Certificate." The Primary Certificate of Advancement should be one of your first hits.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

jameslanderson wrote: Our Primary has informed me that they can no longer find a way to order Primary Graduation Certificates. Of course, I immediately told them that it must be a part of the MLS capability today as many, many things are now provided that way. Can't find it anywhere.
I can't say for sure, but I'm fairly confident this is not in MLS.

I found on the administrative side of store.lds.org a Primary Certificate of Advancement for primary. It states the bishop is to present this in sacrament meeting to those who turn 12. Because you have to login to see it, your primary president likely does not have access but you should.

Incidentally, there are also certificates for YW and Duty to God there as well as several others.
rich

Re: Out of date forms

Post by rich »

Apologies for posting on a *VERY* old topic. But I can't find where in MLS to print a "Primary Certificate of Advancement".

I do see it on store.lds.org for Cambodian to Urdu but no English. http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... -1__195585

Store.lds.org also has this ominous note: The bishop presents this certificate to each boy and girl in sacrament meeting after he or she turns 12. This product is being discontinued and will shortly be available via the MLS system.

...ok but where is it?

The Wiki doesn't help: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Ordinance_and ... rtificates

If you download the cert https://tech.lds.org/wiki/images/e/ec/P ... ficate.doc from there it's mostly blank.
Attachments
Primary_Advancement_Certificate.doc
It's blank???
(23 KiB) Downloaded 704 times
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rich wrote:Apologies for posting on a *VERY* old topic. But I can't find where in MLS to print a "Primary Certificate of Advancement".

I do see it on store.lds.org for Cambodian to Urdu but no English. http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... -1__195585

Store.lds.org also has this ominous note: The bishop presents this certificate to each boy and girl in sacrament meeting after he or she turns 12. This product is being discontinued and will shortly be available via the MLS system.

...ok but where is it?

The Wiki doesn't help: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Ordinance_and ... rtificates

If you download the cert https://tech.lds.org/wiki/images/e/ec/P ... ficate.doc from there it's mostly blank.
It was only added very recently (I think in version 3.7) but it is in MLS now. Go to Membership > Ordinances > Certificates on the menu.
rich

Post by rich »

Ahhh thanks for the pointer! Yes the cert is available in v3.7. We are a small ward, I haven't had to print this one yet.

Return to “Reports and Forms”