Online Expense Reimbursement Request Form

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
t0008sa

Online Expense Reimbursement Request Form

Post by t0008sa »

I used JotForm to create an Online Expense Reimbursement Request Form.

It's working fantastic! (Especially on smartphones.)

Now, virtually everything can be done while away from the Clerk's computer (except for printing checks).

It's a simple matter to create a JotForm account, then go to the Templates section, search for "Troy" and you'll be taken to the form I created.

You just need to use that template and edit the form for your unit. (I've attached a PDF of what the input form looks like.)
Attachments
Expense Reimbursement v2.pdf
(47.66 KiB) Downloaded 6027 times
davesudweeks

Re: Online Expense Reimbursement Request Form

Post by davesudweeks »

We don't use a form any longer except for paper receipts. We ask members to email their digital receipts to the organization president with the reason for the expense and how they want the reimbursement. We ask the organization president to forward the email to the assistant clerk-finance or the clerk as their approval for the expense and the purpose. When I do it, I save the email as a pdf document and save the receipts separately (pdf or jpg). Then I load each one as backup documentation for the reimbursement.

Haven't tried it on a smart phone - I like doing this on a nice big screen where I can easily tell what's going on.
t0008sa

Post by t0008sa »

I should have also mentioned --

The attached shows what appears in the JotForm Inbox. From there, you can download individual inputs as a PDF and then upload that into LCR.

If you want to give it a LIVE try, navigate on your phone browser to bit.ly/TroyExpense and create a "fake" request. Just put TEST in the Description field. I can delete any input from our Inbox.
Attachments
JotForm Inbox.PNG
(173.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

Here's our workflow. This could plug in pretty easily, but the email-only approach seems to be working for us.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing
mcarp5

Post by mcarp5 »

This is great! Will be so much easier and more convenient. Thank you so much for sharing!
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

With the new ability of members to directly enter their requests into LCR (or at least org presidencies can), I'm guessing the original poster isn't using the jot forms anymore.

My workflow above is slightly out of date because of this change and I'm working on a new version. You can make a copy of my google doc workflow and edit it for your process.
reydnad

Post by reydnad »

chriswoodut wrote:With the new ability of members to directly enter their requests into LCR (or at least org presidencies can), I'm guessing the original poster isn't using the jot forms anymore.

My workflow above is slightly out of date because of this change and I'm working on a new version. You can make a copy of my google doc workflow and edit it for your process.

Where is the reimbursement request in LCR?
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

reydnad wrote:
chriswoodut wrote:With the new ability of members to directly enter their requests into LCR (or at least org presidencies can), I'm guessing the original poster isn't using the jot forms anymore.

Where is the reimbursement request in LCR?
I believe if a person clicks Finance in LCR, they will see the option. As a clerk, I get the clerk menu so I'm going from memory.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I am a counselor in the EQ presidency so assume this goes for all ward/branch organizations who have access to request reimbursements electronically:
1. Log in to LCR
2. Click "Finance" in the banner just below the church logo.
3. Click the "Payment Request" tab
4. Enter the requested information (payee, purpose, category and amount).
5. Upload pics or scans of the receipts
6. Click on the Save button.
davide

Post by davide »

Who has access to submit direct requests in LCR? Is it just members of presidencies of organizations?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”