Expense - Two approvers with attached electronic expenses

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

Expense - Two approvers with attached electronic expenses

Post by cchang »

Does the second approver just need to log in and approve the expense with attached receipts? What is the process? Do they need to log in, go into Approve Expenses, go into Approve Expenses with Attached Receipts and then simply enter their lds account credentials? It seems like the 2nd approver needs to review and accept the receipts first, approve it, then submit? I'm trying to see what the 2nd approver all needs to do and since I've already approved it on my end.
davesudweeks

Re: Expense - Two approvers with attached electronic expenses

Post by davesudweeks »

I have never been a second approver, but based on what I have been told by members of our bishopric, the second approver must at least open each attachment and mark it approved before they can approve the expense. One would hope they "review" it as well, but the system doesn't know if they do or not.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

One would hope that any approver actually looks at the receipts to check that the details match with the reimbursement being claimed!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I had to remind the stake president, and then the bishop, that his signature on the monthly financial statement certifies that he actually looked at it. Perhaps that is why the ACTION ITEMS are on the same page as the SIGNATURES.
(Sorry -- off topic)
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

cchang wrote:Does the second approver just need to log in and approve the expense with attached receipts? What is the process? Do they need to log in, go into Approve Expenses, go into Approve Expenses with Attached Receipts and then simply enter their lds account credentials? It seems like the 2nd approver needs to review and accept the receipts first, approve it, then submit? I'm trying to see what the 2nd approver all needs to do and since I've already approved it on my end.
See the Help Center article:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... e-expenses
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”