Ward member would like status on the account for they're missionary son

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rideutah

Ward member would like status on the account for they're missionary son

Postby rideutah » Wed May 13, 2020 7:40 pm

I'm a financial clerk and a member of my ward is asking for the status of the account for their missionary son. I'm assuming they want to know how much they have paid and if they are up to date or short on payments. I've never seen anything that shows any accounting for this. How can i help them? Thanks.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ward member would like status on the account for they're missionary son

Postby jdlessley » Wed May 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Your first stop should have been to ask for training from your ward clerk or even from your stake financial clerk or stake clerk. They are responsible for training you in your duties and the technology you use in your calling.

If you are trying to get that information at home from Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) then it is found in Finance > Overview > Income and Expense Details. On that page select the date range of interest. For missionaries I use the custom date range to get all activity from the beginning of the first transaction. Select Ward Missionary Fund from the category drop-down list box. Then select the missionary name category in the subcategory drop-down list box. All transactions will be provided but donor names will not be displayed. You can see who the donors are by clicking the reference number hyperlink for a specific donation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed May 13, 2020 9:19 pm

Please note that donor information should not be displayed to anyone but the donor in question. In other words, you should not disclose who donated to the fund.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Thu May 14, 2020 4:24 am

Another source of this information is the monthly financial statement, which the assistant clerk for finances should be reviewing each month. It has been a while since I have seen a financial statement for a unit with active missionaries, but I think the statement breaks down the ward missionary fund into sub-accounts. Or am I mis-remembering?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Thu May 14, 2020 7:15 am

The monthly financial statement does have a summary that shows the current balance for each missionary.

Even without names, there isn't really a reason that the missionary's parents need to see the donation history if it includes donations from someone other than the person you're giving the information to. Just let them know the current balance in the missionary's subaccount.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”