Finding unit's tax-ID #

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Finding unit's tax-ID #

Postby robertc » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 pm

A local organization wants to donate money to one of our ward's missionary fund. However, the form they have given the ward to fill out asks for the 501(c)3 number and the name of the charity. Anyone know if this is the ward's tax-ID #, and how we find that? And is the name of the charity the ward's name or the stake's name?

New Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:13 am
Location: USA

Postby cferguso55 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:50 am

It sounds like they want the Federal Tax Identification Number. Check with your Stake Clerk first. If he doesn't have it, he can contact the Tax Department.

User avatar
Senior Member
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia

Re: Finding unit's tax-ID #

Postby wrigjef » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:27 pm

I asked the same question awhile back and was informed that units in the US share a number "It is 23-7300405 for U.S. units."

Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:24 am
Location: Kentucky, United States

Re: Finding unit's tax-ID #

Postby adoga » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:05 am

According to the IRS website the tax ID is: 87-0234341 ... ame=Search

Return to “Local Unit Finance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest