Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
chrispremo

Re: Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question

Post by chrispremo »

I don't think you can. The individual has to be in one of the "Authorized" callings in MLS to be able to access LUFAS. The Stake will have to put the Auditor in MLS for them to be able to see your Audit in LUFAS.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

chrispremo wrote:Question 3 of the Audit asks: Has each of the bishopric members and clerks responsible for finances reviewed the financial training lessons during the last year?
Note that this question has been changed for the current audit (second half of 2016). The "during the last year" requirement has been dropped.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
waltbristow

Post by waltbristow »

When you say 'carry out' the audit, what do you mean? I'm confused about why anyone who is supposed to be involved with the audit (bishop, finance clerk, etc) or the auditor would not have the ability to enter LUFAS. Is it a matter of that person not being listed with a calling that gives them access to LUFAS?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

waltbristow wrote:When you say 'carry out' the audit, what do you mean? I'm confused about why anyone who is supposed to be involved with the audit (bishop, finance clerk, etc) or the auditor would not have the ability to enter LUFAS. Is it a matter of that person not being listed with a calling that gives them access to LUFAS?
The auditor has access to LUFAS or he would not be able to complete the audit. The bishop has access or he would not be able to sign the audit.

The audit questions used to be available in MLS and could be reviewed by the clerks. I do not know if they are still there, but I would not be surprised if they are no longer.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

You can review/print a copy of the audit questions on the web - from your local MLS go to Other Resources on the menu bar, then audits. You will be redirected to the web where you can log in (if you have the rights - as a finance clerk I can get in, probably the clerk and the bishop can as well). The audit form has a 2017 copyright notice at the bottom so it is reasonable to conclude that this is the current form that is used.
wtaylorbasil

Post by wtaylorbasil »

As a Ward Clerk I am not able to review/print the audit questions. When I sign in the web, it says I am not authorized.
Our Ward Financial audit is now due and I want to prepare for it (just called as WC). We do not have a Financial Clerk called.
How can I review/print the questions?

William Taylor-Basil
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lazbaz wrote:As a Ward Clerk I am not able to review/print the audit questions. When I sign in the web, it says I am not authorized.
Our Ward Financial audit is now due and I want to prepare for it (just called as WC). We do not have a Financial Clerk called.
How can I review/print the questions?
Have you been added to your calling on Leader and Clerk Resources? If you have access, you can check by going to Leader and Clerk Resources > Organizations > Bishopric. Otherwise, you can check under Organizations in the LDS.org Directory or the LDS Tools app.

If you are listed in your calling, how long has it been since you were added? Sometimes it takes a few hours or overnight for online permissions to sync to callings.

Is your membership record number properly associated with your LDS Account? You can check at LDSAccount.LDS.org > Membership.

Did you go directly to Audit.LDSChurch.org, or did you follow a link that was bookmarked or emailed to you? Certain sections of the site may only be visible to stake auditors, for example, but if you go directly to Audit.LDSChurch.org you will see all the sections of the site that are visible to you.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wtaylorbasil

Post by wtaylorbasil »

I was called on 27th November 2016. My Ward Clerk Calling shows up in LCR.
I just went directly to audit.ldschurch.org nd signed in and still says "User has no valid assignments for this application."

So what is the next step?
Regards
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lazbaz wrote:I was called on 27th November 2016. My Ward Clerk Calling shows up in LCR.
I just went directly to audit.ldschurch.org nd signed in and still says "User has no valid assignments for this application."

Regards
Not sure if this is what you're after, but did you notice on the login page. Lower left of the sign in area - Training and Support.

As a Ward Clerk you don't have direct access to the audit process. Certainly the Bishop and the Auditors do and their are possibly others. I don't think that anyone else, at the ward level, has access.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lazbaz wrote:I was called on 27th November 2016. My Ward Clerk Calling shows up in LCR.

Regards
You could ask your bishop to sign in and print the document or you could (with the bishop's and stake president's consent) record yourself as finance clerk as well as ward clerk.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”