New Auditing Procedure

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
paulgillis

New Auditing Procedure

Post by paulgillis »

I am the Stake Audit Chairman. Last week, one of the Stake Auditors called me and said that when he started an unit audit that much of the material that a clerk would previously gather from paper records was now available online. He asked me whether he even needed to contact the clerk or whether he could complete the audit remotely (Our stake covers >5000 square miles). I have reached out to the Houston Area Assistant Auditor but have not been given a reply. I have looked on line for any direction or training and have found none. I am assuming that we should continue the normal procedure until we receive new direction. Can anyone point me to any new training material?
cjbeckert

Re: New Auditing Procedure

Post by cjbeckert »

I just completed our stake audit yesterday (as stake finance clerk). The major change I noticed is when the auditor began, the first screen prompted him to pre-select which expenses he wanted to review, which should've been done prior to the audit. I still had to produce the supporting documentation (receipts, stake president authorization). He also still had to review if we (stake president, finance clerk) had reviewed and signed monthly statements. So I would say yes continue with meeting together until CHQ advises otherwise.

On a related note, I'm familiar with the challenges faced by units being geographically separated over large areas. I would think, theoretically, it could be possible for an auditor to conduct the audit over video conference (Skype, Hangouts, etc.) entering LUFAS on his end and the clerk at the meetinghouse (on his personal device) to demonstrate the firewall on the MLS computer works and to produce support documentation. Maybe not the best or most efficient way to review documentation over video but may work if unable to get an auditor to the unit's meetinghouse.
drepouille

Re: New Auditing Procedure

Post by drepouille »

Read the LUFAS 5 User's Guide in the Help Center.

https://www.lds.org/help/support/bc/hel ... f?lang=eng
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”