Multiple Fast Offering Recipients, one check?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mwtaylor101

Multiple Fast Offering Recipients, one check?

Postby mwtaylor101 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Our relief society put together Thanksgiving meals for 10 different needy families and is requesting reimbursement. The Bishop has instructed us to use fast offerings. The problem comes when I must designate a recipient before cutting the check. Is there an acceptable way to do this without creating 10 different checks each with one of the recipients listed? Is it acceptable to create a "misc." or some other generic recipient so I can cut a single check for the entire expense?

Thanks!

eblood66

Re: Multiple Fast Offering Recipients, one check?

Postby eblood66 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:17 pm

I'm afraid you need to create 10 checks. The audit requires a valid recipient for each fast offering expense so a generic recipient should create an audit exception.

mwtaylor101

Postby mwtaylor101 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Thank you. 10 checks is how we ended up doing this. I'm excited for the new EFT reimbursement program. Something like this will be a little bit less trouble.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:24 pm

LCR Finance will allow you to create a single payment (check or EFT) that applies to multiple fast offering recipients.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”