How to Update the TO Category for Transfers

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jwwittw

How to Update the TO Category for Transfers

Post by jwwittw »

More and more units in our stake and surrounding stakes are using the Transfer feature. While that appears to be a great feature for the unit that is doing the transfer, it is causing us as the receiver of the funds serious confusion. We would like to be able to update the TO category for each of the transfers because most of the transfers are not using the correct budget or "other" category.

For reference, here is the link to information about Transfers:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... /transfers

Currently, the only way we know of to correct the Transfers is to create a NEW transfer to adjust the categories. That is not the best way to do it, though. Ideally, we would like to update the TO category just like we can update the categories for prior Expenses and Donations. Having to create a new transfer is much more error prone.

Is there a better way to handle fixing Transfer categories, or do we need to wait for an update to LCR?
drepouille

Re: How to Update the TO Category for Transfers

Post by drepouille »

The best way is to correct the mistake before it happens. The sending clerk needs to communicate with the receiving clerk to learn which budget category or Other:AMFA subcategory to transfer the funds TO. By the time you realize that you have received a transfer, it's a done deal, and it cannot be changed.

I was surprised to see that I can now see all the budget categories and Other:AMFA subcategories of every other unit in my stake, including the stake. Great upgrade!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Local Unit Finance”