Cleaning Supplies Expenses

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
chriswoodut

Re: Cleaning Supplies Expenses

Post by chriswoodut »

dtaylor01 wrote:What is the link for ordering Janitorial supplies?
Go to https://store.churchofjesuschrist.org and log in. Then click Units and Callings. Then scroll down to the bottom and you will see information about Office Supplies and Other Materials Available from Staples.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

dtaylor01 wrote:What is the link for ordering Janitorial supplies?
In May 2019, my FM group sent out a message to all units:
With the upcoming changes to meetinghouse maintenance, the FM Group will no longer be providing cleaning and paper supplies. Each meetinghouse will need to have a Ward/Branch Building Representative (WBR) that will work with Staples to order and receive supplies for the building. Each Unit should have a Building Representative.
My bishop submitted me as the building representation who would order all cleaning supplies. The FM group created an account for me, and sent the login credentials to me. Although it is the same Staples website we use to order office supplies, when I login using the FM account, the cleaning supplies I purchase are billed to the FM group, rather than the ward budget.

So the bottom line is that your FM group needs to send you this information.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
pj_andersen

Post by pj_andersen »

We just ordered building cleaning supplies through Staples and they were deducted from our ward budget. We share the building with another ward so how is this expense balanced with their budget? We hadn't planned for these expenses in our budget. I read on this policy page that the church pays for building supplies from a different budget: "The local unit budget allowance does not include expenses for building construction, maintenance, telephones, utilities, computers, or priesthood leader travel. These expenses are paid from general Church funds according to current guidelines." (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... e?lang=eng)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

@pj_andersen: See the post just before your post. The key to the order is to have FM set up an account with Staples. You need to use the credentials of that account to have the order paid from the FM budget. If that account was not set up then you will have to work that out with your FM Group.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ewanmt

Post by ewanmt »

Regarding the link to Janitorial Supplies... Go to Leader and Clerk Resources > Applications > Order Office Supplies... there you'll find your link to the office supply store for your region and direction on how to login.
Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 7.11.08 AM.png
(229.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Local Unit Finance”