Missionary Fund Assignment to New Ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mwtaylor101

Missionary Fund Assignment to New Ward

Postby mwtaylor101 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Our Bishopric is new and I'm a ward clerk with less than a year of experience. About 3 weeks ago we transferred a missionary funding account into our ward for the first time. Yes, I understand that the membership record and the funding account for missionaries are two separate things. The funding account itself was released by the original ward's Bishop and accepted into our ward. The missionary is showing in MORS as assigned to our ward, however he is still not showing in the dropdown menu when his family goes to make a donation to his missionary fund. Is there typically a delay from the time of transfer to when the missionary shows correctly in the online donation menu? Or is there some step that we are missing? Any help is much appreciated.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Fund Assignment to New Ward

Postby russellhltn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Has the name appeared under Ward Missionary on MLS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

eblood66

Re: Missionary Fund Assignment to New Ward

Postby eblood66 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:28 pm

I haven't seen the process play out myself as we haven't had a missionary move into our ward but I believe the drop down entry appears when the missionary's account is created by CHQ for your ward. But I don't know exactly when that happens. It should happen at very least when the next missionary payment is pulled at the beginning of the November. It might happen sooner. If the missionary's account shows up in LCR but not on the donations page then I'd contact CHQ.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”