Depositing Checks during COVID-19 Stay at Home Order

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
nie30003

Depositing Checks during COVID-19 Stay at Home Order

Post by nie30003 »

We have a couple members who have been pretty faithful sending in checks to the bishop over the the last month or so, and we're seeing if there is any official guidance out there on whether we should still be getting together to enter the data and make deposits. Anyone know what the official word is on that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Depositing Checks during COVID-19 Stay at Home Order

Post by russellhltn »

As far as I know, the official word is the letter dated April 12, which reads in part:
Beginning immediately, all public gatherings of Church members are being temporarily suspended worldwide until further notice. This includes:
• Stake conferences, leadership conferences and other large gatherings.
• All public worship services, including sacrament meetings.
• Branch, ward and stake activities.

Where possible, leaders should conduct any essential leadership meetings via technology. Specific questions may be referred to local priesthood leaders.
This isn't a public meeting. And it's not possible to do via technology. So, in my unauthoritative opinion, it would seem to me that from the church's perspective, it would be OK to process a donation batch. But that also depends on whatever restrictions the civil leader in your area have announced. I'd ask your presiding authority if you have any questions.

No doubt, you should practice social distancing try to minimize the chances of spreading the virus while processing the batch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”