Digital Signatures

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Digital Signatures

Post by russellhltn »

Not that I know of. I'm not sure what's to be gained by a digital signature.

Currently, the church's form of ID is your Church Account tied to your Membership Record Number. If desired, Two Factor Authentication can be enabled on the account. In certain places, a document is "signed' by entering one's Church Account login.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
waltbristow

Post by waltbristow »

Does LCR have language to the effect that "by clicking Enter I approve this transaction"? Is there language, for example, that says the bishop or clerk has approved a Unit Financial Statement? When a wet signature is not possible (or because of the pandemic very difficult), I've suggested an email approving the Financial Statement, etc. Put a copy of the email together with the Statement for the stake auditor.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I don't know if there is text that says that explicitly, but the online approval replaces the need for a wet signature. There is a project in beta that will allow the bishop and clerk to review and approve the unit financial statement online without a wet signature.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

We look forward to digital signatures on unit financial statements!

I hope the ability to enter deposits via LCRF is also in our future.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

drepouille wrote:I hope the ability to enter deposits via LCRF is also in our future.
So does that team!
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

scgallafent wrote:I don't know if there is text that says that explicitly, but the online approval replaces the need for a wet signature. There is a project in beta that will allow the bishop and clerk to review and approve the unit financial statement online without a wet signature.
Woohoo!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”