Minimum # of “expenses” for audit?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
funaddict

Minimum # of “expenses” for audit?

Postby funaddict » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Audit commitee member here. A fellow auditor reported that he was doing a wards audit today, and it required a minimum of 10 expenses to be examined. The ward only had 9, and it wouldn’t let him continue the audit. Is this a thing or was the auditor mistaken? I know in the past, I have had units that didn’t have the recommended 18 expenses tested, and it just asked if I was “sure all expenses were entered” and then let me continue. Is there really a minimum of 10? With many wards shut down for months now, I imagine it might not be unusual to have less than 10 expenses. Thanks

eblood66

Re: Minimum # of “expenses” for audit?

Postby eblood66 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:48 pm

I conducted an audit today for a branch that was created in March. They had a total of 2 expenses. When I went to the screen to select expenses they were both already selected and I was able to continue. Just one data point and it's possible he hit a bug in the software but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to let you continue as long as all the expenses are selected (and my experience indicates it's smart enough to know that an preselect them).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”