Linux users having proxy error going into LCR finances?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
curtiscall

Linux users having proxy error going into LCR finances?

Postby curtiscall » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:27 am

Lately I've run into a problem accessing the LCR -> Finance section on my Linux machine (Fedora). On either Firefox or Chrome, when I go into the finance section, the following message appears and the page content doesn't load:

{{messages('error.lcrf.proxy.not.setup.in.cubs')}}

I don't see this problem in Windows. I'm wondering if anyone else is using Linux and if so, whether or not they see this issue too?

Thanks

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Linux users having proxy error going into LCR finances?

Postby jdlessley » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:42 am

curtiscall wrote:{{messages('error.lcrf.proxy.not.setup.in.cubs')}}

I don't see this problem in Windows.

I saw this on my Windows 10 laptop using both Firefox and Chrome all Friday evening beginning at around 7:00 PM Central Time until I went to bed at around 1:00 AM. I was concerned enough to send feedback about it and including the issue of not being able to contact the GSD because they are closed.

What I saw was the absence of the complete URL to the Finance page. The system was going to the URL "https://lcrf.churchofjesuschrist.org/finance/" instead of the complete URL "https://lcrf.churchofjesuschrist.org/finance/#/dashboard?internalAccountId=#####&orgId=#####". Even after the correct URL was entered manually the system redirected to the incorrect URL. I attributed this to a server outage or possibly a server service being down. The service was back up the next time I checked early Saturday afternoon.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

curtiscall

Postby curtiscall » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:08 pm

This might be some sort of cache issue. I cleared the cache from my browser and now I'm able to access the Finance page again.

dlamon01

Postby dlamon01 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:11 pm

I have been getting it for days using Chrome and Win 10. Using Firefox, the error pops up briefly, but then the finance page loads correctly. Tried dumping all LDS.org cookies in Chrome but still get the proxy error.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 pm

I see that message all the time when I first go to the finance section of LCR. But then the page loads fine. It looks like a placeholder for a possible error message that then gets hidden when the javascript actually successfully loads the entire page. As long as the page loads correctly I don't think there is any need to worry if you see that momentarily.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:18 pm

dlamon01 wrote:I have been getting it for days using Chrome and Win 10. Using Firefox, the error pops up briefly, but then the finance page loads correctly. Tried dumping all LDS.org cookies in Chrome but still get the proxy error.

Make sure you clear your ChurchofJesusChrist.org cookies as well! :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

dlamon01

Postby dlamon01 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:29 am

Yeah, tried that. Anything with any form of the Church name. No good.

fraserredmond

Postby fraserredmond » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:38 am

Same for me - error shows in Brave browser (based on Chrome), even after clearing all site data. Works in firefox. (Both on Win10)

Return to “Local Unit Finance”