Missionary Fund Adjustment

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
BlayneC_17

Missionary Fund Adjustment

Post by BlayneC_17 »

I was recently contacted by a missionary's father about the amount of money that was withdrawn from church headquarters for his mission every month. He asked why only $400 was being withdrawn rather than $500 (due to the announcement that the church made in 2019). I saw where there was an announcement about this change being delayed, but I would really appreciate if one of y'all had a link to this notice. I've searched and I can't seem to find it in the official communications library
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Missionary Fund Adjustment

Post by jdlessley »

The first announcement was in a First Presidency letter dated 27 June, 2019. That letter is no longer available in the OCL. In May 2020, exact date unknown, there was a notice that the increase was suspended until further notice. That notice is also missing from the OCL.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BlayneC_17

Post by BlayneC_17 »

That makes sense why I could not find it then. Thank you for the help!
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Interestingly, I happened to still have this email
Notice, 17 April 2020: Missionary Fund Adjustments
but when I click the link in the email, nothing is found. I was thinking maybe even if the Search functionality couldn't find it, the direct link might. No such luck.
intheblue25

Post by intheblue25 »

I am also looking for the announcement as one of our missionary's parents is inquiring about the same thing.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If you are a bishopric member or a ward clerk you can contact the Global Service Department (GSD) and ask them for the document.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
danstump

Post by danstump »

I am one of the clerks in the Ward requesting a copy of the delay of the $500 payment for missionaries. Dan Stump Blackhawk Ward, Round Rock East, Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

danstump wrote: I am one of the clerks in the Ward requesting a copy of the delay of the $500 payment for missionaries.
The post before yours tells you exactly what to do. Notice that is says bishopric or ward clerk. It does not say assistants.

You can also Google the Church News for general information on the subject. Not official, but CN contains all of the infomation that the notices do.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”