Adjust donor name in LCR

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jsnmcewen

Adjust donor name in LCR

Postby jsnmcewen » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:57 am

I cannot seem to adjust the donor name in LCR. I am following the instructions but do not have the "Change Donor" button listed in step 5 of the instructions below. I attempted this on Chrome, Edge, and even Safari on my phone with no luck. Is this option only available to bishopric members, or did they remove the ability to do this via LCR? Anyone successfully done this before? I haven't attempted in MLS yet but was hoping to avoid having to drive all the way to the church building to do this.

Correcting Donor Name
1. In LCR, click Finance, and then click Participants. From the Participant List, click on the name of the donor whose donation needs to be adjusted.
2. From Participant Information for that donor, click the Donations tab.
3. From the Date column, click on the date of the donation to be adjusted.
4. From Donation Detail for that date, click the Adjust Donation button (directly above the donor’s name).
5. To correct the donor name, click the Change Donor button.

6. From Add Donor window, select the Donor type (In Unit Donor, Out of Unit Donor, or Existing Payee/Recipient), and select or type the Donor’s name.
7. If the correct donor is not listed in any of the options above, add a new donor by clicking the Add New Donor link.
8. Click Add Donor.
9. Click Save Changes.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adjust donor name in LCR

Postby russellhltn » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:46 am

Where did this donation come from? I'm thinking that the edit options may be limited if it was done on-line.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

jsnmcewen

Postby jsnmcewen » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:27 pm

It was done in the ward - it was a check assigned to someone with the same last name, but not the correct individual.

I was not one of the two individuals who did that batch, if that makes a difference in editing at all.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:59 pm

I don't see any Change Donor button either but the only check deposits I can see are almost 2 years old (I'm at the stake level and we don't have a lot of deposits anymore). It's possible that it doesn't show the Change Donor because it's so old but it does have the option to change the categories which I would think would also be disabled if it were due to age.

I'd probably either call the GSD or submit a ticket in LCR to ask if the button is missing by design or if it's a bug.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”