MLS users can not approve a Ward Donation Batch

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
DEDieringer

MLS users can not approve a Ward Donation Batch

Post by DEDieringer »

We recently had to get help from headquarters to restore MLS functionality. Our ward clerk added myself (finance clerk) and a bishop's counselor in MLS as users, myself as an Admin and counselor with all rights but Admin.

He and I processed the week's donations and found problems when we wanted to approve the batch. Our user names did not auto-populate and could not be found in the search screen. We manually entered our user names and password. We received a "incorrect user name/ password message" and the batch did not process.

How do we get the names of those that process donations to populate correctly?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: MLS users can not approve a Ward Donation Batch

Post by jonesrk »

You need to make sure the callings have been entered in correctly. If you are using LCR then they have to be entered there and then they sync down to MLS. If your finance positions don't show in MLS it won't let you approve finance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS users can not approve a Ward Donation Batch

Post by russellhltn »

In addition to jonesrk's post, your MLS login has to be linked to your membership record. Using the same ID/password as your church account won't do it. It's a manual link in MLS between the login and the membership record.

The bottom line, you have to have finance rights in MLS in addition to holding the correct calling and having everything recorded in a way that MLS can verify your calling against your login.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”