Change Donor Name on Online Donation

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tttakahashi

Change Donor Name on Online Donation

Post by tttakahashi »

Hello, I am trying to change the donor for a tithing donation that was sent in online at the end of last year (2020). I need to change the donor from the wife to the husband. I found this resource stating that it should be relatively easy:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... g=eng&_r=1

The problem is that when I click the adjust donation button, no option to change the donor appears. Is there something I am missing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Change Donor Name on Online Donation

Post by russellhltn »

I'd talk to support. The member donated while logged into the wife's account. It's not an error in processing.

I believe the instructions you found are for editing donations processed by the clerks. Since clerks are human, mistakes are possible. So there needs to be a way to correct them.

On-line donations are different. They may have a different process for correcting those.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:On-line donations are different. They may have a different process for correcting those.
I believe that normally a clerk would be able to make this change if it happened in the current year. However, I believe only the Global Services Department is able to change prior year information.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:On-line donations are different. They may have a different process for correcting those.
I believe that normally a clerk would be able to make this change if it happened in the current year. However, I believe only the Global Services Department is able to change prior year information.
My experience is that for online donations a clerk cannot change the donor. Only headquarters can do that.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:My experience is that for online donations a clerk cannot change the donor. Only headquarters can do that.
Makes sense, and your experience will likely be more recent than mine.
adreahalford

Post by adreahalford »

I recently got married and my donations are still displaying my madden name when they are reflected on my bank statement. How do I change this? It has been changed in my profile and church records.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”